a bit scared

Options
tomorrow i have a doctors appointment. it will be the first time i have been weighed since starting mfp.

30 days ago i had a quick trip to the immediate care doctor about a really bad flare up with my eczema (i have a fair number of dermal allergies). the nurse there weighed me. it was the first time i had been weighed in probably 6 or 7 years. i was very shocked to see that i weighed 24 pounds more than i thought i would.

so for the last 28 days i have been on mfp. dutifully logging all of my food. i have stayed under my calorie goal every day but one day where i was 60 calories over.

i must admit...i am terrified for the doctor tomorrow. i have been overweight my whole life. i have never tried watching what i eat or taking any accountability for it. this is all new and i am very scared that i will not see that scale budge.

thanks...just needed to vent a bit.

Replies

• rsing26
    rsing26 Posts: 3
    Options
    I hope that tomorrow you are pleasantly surprised that your good work over the past 28 days has paid off. Those are the kinds of rewards that keep us going. Good luck!
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    it can be scary to get on the scale
    but if you've been mostly under your calorie goal you're probably alright.
    have you been exercising too? that will help make a difference as well.
    Good luck tomorrow. =)
  • ande2994
    ande2994 Posts: 136
    Options
    Good luck!

Keep in mind that real, healthy weight loss is a slow process. Don't expect to see those surprise 24 pounds all come off at once! But hopefully you'll get the positive reinforcement you need to make your new healthy practices into long-term habits.
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Even if the scale hasn't changed, YOU have!!!!! You made the decision to take care of yourself and that's more important than any number!!

You got this!!
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    If you have been eating the calories you should be I have a feeling the results will be better than you think. I admire you for being able to stay off the scale on this journey. I weigh myself at minimum twice a day sometimes more. I only log my weight once or twice a week. Best wishes to you at the doctor visit and in your journey.
  • SweGuy
    SweGuy Posts: 78
    Options
    You will do good and the numbers wil show it; we are here for you.. ;-)
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Try your best to keep your emotions in check. Remember that what you're doing now *will* bring results, it's the speed that you get there than can derail you. Try and think of how you'll feel if you're up or down. Prepare yourself for the different possibilities, but whatever you do, don't let that number rule you.

What is your other option? Get totally freaked out if it doesn't meet your expectations and then give up? Head straight to McDonalds? I say this from experience, I once got so upset by a weigh-in I got totally off track and ended up undoing a lot of hard work.

Good luck tomorrow!!
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    have you been exercising too?

no exercising just yet. i have a lot of trouble with the heat and it has been well into the 90s here until today.
    Keep in mind that real, healthy weight loss is a slow process. Don't expect to see those surprise 24 pounds

i really hope i am not down 24 pounds! that would seem very unhealthy and would concern me a bit! :-)
    I admire you for being able to stay off the scale on this journey

secret to staying off the scale is not buying one! ;-)
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    good luck tomorrow!!!!...and continue the road towards a healthy lifestyle...:flowerforyou:
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    It is normal to be scared to weigh in, especially when it is at the doctor's office. For me it is different weighing in at home than it is at the doctor's office. This is a process and it takes time for changes to become part of a healthier lifestyle. One big improvement is the simple fact that you even care about your weight. I know for me, I used to never care what I weighed. Now I have my conscious back when it comes to my health. It is going to take a good while to learn what works for you. We learn from our mistakes. Honest logging allows you to see where changes need to be made. I wish you luck at the doctor's office. I hope you see a decrease in your weight. If you don't please don't let it discourage you. I have been on a plateau for over 2 months now. It is so easy to want to give up when change doesn't come quick enough. Remember this is a lifestyle change and not a diet. Keep eating healthy and exercising. You will slowly begin to see results. Keep up the good work!
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    for anyone still tuning in...i lost 10 pounds!
  • jbdowns35
    jbdowns35 Posts: 352
    Options
    THAT'S AWESOME!!! Congratulations!! Keep it up & enjoy your journey.