How long to start seeing results

Options
Hi there

I started eating much cleaner on the 29th January of this year. I know it has only been a short time but the scales are up down and all over the place by 2kg. This morning I was back to the start weight and now I'm wondering if it's even working at all. My goal cals are set at 1440 and I don't eat my exercise calories. I log absolutely everything and weigh everything. Without being too impatient when will I start to see more of a drop? Measurements haven't changed either. ..I am eating extremely clean with a protein smoothie for breakfast with spinach, maca, chia, blueberries etc then a small snack like apple and almond butter, prawns and salad for lunch and fish and veges for dinner.
Help... what am I doing wrong? I'm 37, 164cm and 75kg.

Replies

• Theace28
    Theace28 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks Team...I'll keep trucking!
  • Theace28
    Theace28 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have chronic fatigue syndrome and interstitial cystitis so the clean eating is geared towards helping and healing those things. I eat a wonderful array of foods and LOVE fish vegetables and have a fruit company. I don't feel well when I eat greasy, processed foods so no I don't want to eat them, but it's not really anything to do with weight loss. Thanks anyway for your suggestion that I may get malnutrition wt??
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Cardio. All I can tell you is that your CFS (which I have) may improve by doing cardio. Cardio though is BORING!!!!! I’m doing Just Dance on the Xbox with Kinect. I worked up from 1 barely in December to 2 hours a day, 1+ hour in the am, 1+ hour in the evening. There’s other devices for it, but the Kinect has a camera that sees you. THAT, combined with an Apple Watch and I’m seeing results I’m not really counting cals bc the Apple Watch tells me I’m working off about 1000 cals a day. So I’m eating 2 nice meals a day, one at lunch, one at dinner. All desserts are cut out, just fruit and, sometimes 1 mochi. The thing about Just Dance is that it is totally fun. I do it with my husband and it’s awesome. GL.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Theace28 wrote: »
    I have chronic fatigue syndrome and interstitial cystitis so the clean eating is geared towards helping and healing those things. I eat a wonderful array of foods and LOVE fish vegetables and have a fruit company. I don't feel well when I eat greasy, processed foods so no I don't want to eat them, but it's not really anything to do with weight loss. Thanks anyway for your suggestion that I may get malnutrition wt??

I think the argument is that you aren't limited to two options (eat "extremely clean" or "eat greasy, processed foods"). There are all types of foods out there to enjoy. You are saying now you eat a varied diet with a wide array of foods and that may be true, but your OP gave the impression that you are eliminated a lot of foods from your diet.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    It definitely takes time! I know it's hard to be patient. But keep taking those measurements and I'm sure you'll see a difference in the coming months.

I've lost 6.45% of my body weight so far and I can definitely see a difference. Now here's the kicker - I've only lost 10lbs! Someone who started at a much higher weight would probably not notice a difference of 10lbs.

So a lot will depend on where you start.
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I've just looked back at a photo from June when I was 1stone lighter and can't believe the difference more motivated than ever now I got there once I CAN do it again