Suggestions for workout programs that include both weights + body weight exercises

Options
Looking online and can't seem to find anything I like.

Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options

What are your goals? What equipment do you have available? Why do you want to do both?
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,975 Member
    Options
    Might be worthwhile to talk to a trainer?

Not hard to find workouts for one or the other, so another option would just be switching days between them.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I know you were doing Strong Curves before.. it has a decent mix of weights and bodyweight, and you can always go to the index to sub in a bodyweight for a weighted exercise if you really want.

But it will also depend on your goals.
  • KelBgess
    KelBgess Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges, single/stiff leg deadlifts, russian twists, push ups and bridges are an example of strength exercises that can be done with or without weights. What weights do you have access to? I highly recommend picking up one or a few kettlebells. Kettlebell swings are an excellent whole body workout and they can be used in so many other ways rather than just swinging.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    30 day shred, ripped in 30, The Firm, Cathe Friedrich...
  • alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    Options

What are your goals? What equipment do you have available? Why do you want to do both?

I'm at my goal weight now so I'm looking to maintain my body composition. I wouldn't mind losing a tad bit of fat, however, I'm not sure how much muscle I have underneath the layer of fat I have now. Fitness is not something I can give 100% of my focus until the school semester is over, but I can at least maintain my physique.

I go to a gym that has almost any equipment I need.

I enjoy doing both weighted exercises and I would like to improve my ability to do bodyweight exercises.. however I tried to do only bodyweight programs and after a few weeks got bored of it even when seeing improvements.

sardelsa wrote: »
    I know you were doing Strong Curves before..

I didn't really like SC. Although I tried very much to like it.

30 day shred, ripped in 30, The Firm, Cathe Friedrich...

Thanks! Looking these up now!
  • heathen31
    heathen31 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    p90x is the bomb I still use it periodically
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

I'm at my goal weight now so I'm looking to maintain my body composition. I wouldn't mind losing a tad bit of fat, however, I'm not sure how much muscle I have underneath the layer of fat I have now. Fitness is not something I can give 100% of my focus until the school semester is over, but I can at least maintain my physique.

I go to a gym that has almost any equipment I need.

I enjoy doing both weighted exercises and I would like to improve my ability to do bodyweight exercises.. however I tried to do only bodyweight programs and after a few weeks got bored of it even when seeing improvements.

For me, boring is good, but YMMV. What I'd suggest is pick a primary program and then work on your BW movements/exercises as an aux/ancillary element.

For example. my profile pic dates back a couple years to when I was doing Pavel's kettlebell program and also working on planche and handstand progressions. I spent 5-30 minutes a day(2-4 days a week) on the progressions and followed the kettlebell program and it's progressions fairly strictly. I had started on Pistol progressions when I got distracted with life and sort of fell off.

IF you don't have overcoming gravity or gymnastic bodies I'd suggest looking there for the progressions.
  • haavey
    haavey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Dailyburn.com
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    Crossfit. Just sayin'