Please tell me what I want to hear! Haha

Options
salmarooni
salmarooni Posts: 42 Member
edited February 2018 in Motivation and Support
Please tell me you can see a difference! I feel and see nothing. Inches are very slow. I know its patience but im not patient! I want results in 3 weeks!
On the plus side I do FEEL healthier so I will take progress where I can get it. As they say it's a lifestyle change not a get skinny, better body change. What i'm telling myself anyway!

ajwcwufyx0it.jpg
avz8x4rykcw0.jpg

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I don't see a difference (cuz there's no photos). ;)
  • salmarooni
    Options
    Ahhhh Will try again!
  • Bavieca
    Bavieca Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yes your belly is definitely slimmer! Great work
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I can't tell from those photos.
    Have you only been trying to lose weight 3 weeks?
    How much weight have you lost?
    Did you take body measurements?
    Are your clothes fitting differently?

I didn't really start seeing a difference in photos and measurements until I lost 10 lbs. It takes time.
  • salmarooni
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Well i've lost 7Ibs and am taking measurements but its slow. As I say I guess I am impatient! I am clinging onto NSV like not having to undo my top button when taking off my jeans now. Think thats to do with less bloating as i've cut out fizzy drinks, rather than actual weight loss mind you...
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    The photos are pretty hard to see, but it sure looks like a difference to me!
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,480 Member
    Options
    Significant difference. Congratulations.

Don’t know to what extent your comments may be tongue in cheek. That stuff doesn’t come through on the internet. But 7 lbs in 3 weeks is pretty aggressive. You would be better served to try to keep your expectations in check.

You can already see your own brain trying to trip you up by saying it’s not working when it clearly is. At the same time it’s saying it’s all too slow. Keep reading this board and you’ll find a long line of folks wrecked by the time issue.

I had more to lose than you. But in the end I spent about as much time losing as I did gaining.
    Important thing is that the weight stays gone. Crash diets wouldn’t be so popular if they were correctly labeled as crash and burn diets.
  • alicebhsia
    alicebhsia Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    i think your tummy and hips look more streamlined and you look way less bloated around the middle. nice work!
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    88olds wrote: »

Don’t know to what extent your comments may be tongue in cheek. That stuff doesn’t come through on the internet. But 7 lbs in 3 weeks is pretty aggressive. You would be better served to try to keep your expectations in check.

You can already see your own brain trying to trip you up by saying it’s not working when it clearly is. At the same time it’s saying it’s all too slow. Keep reading this board and you’ll find a long line of folks wrecked by the time issue.

I had more to lose than you. But in the end I spent about as much time losing as I did gaining.
    Important thing is that the weight stays gone. Crash diets wouldn’t be so popular if they were correctly labeled as crash and burn diets.

7lb is not too aggressive I lost 6lb in the first week just from cutting out crap most of it will be water weight now I'm averaging 1.5lb a week
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Nope. Can't tell if difference is real or photo and posture.
    However 3 weeks is nothing. You gained the weight over months or years it takes a while to come off. Keep it up for months or years.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I don't see any difference then again, even when I lost over 40 pounds, I couldn't tell if i had gotten thinner.
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Look a little more slim to me in the gut. Keep going.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Yes. There is a difference. Not a huge difference, but the kind of difference that will show through your clothes. You won't have a muffin top.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I see a small difference, but I can tell you that you have an amazing hourglass figure and once you lose more weight you are going to look INCREDIBLE! That tiny waist of yours is really going to pop. You have the perfect body shape.
  • theabsentmindednurse
    Options
    The photos are blurry so doesn’t do you justice but there is a definite shape change.

I think something to keep in mind. This will take time. A lot of time. Try not to put unnecessary pressure on yourself.
    Trust the process and have faith in yourself.
    Just keep pushing.
    This will happen.
  • salmarooni
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Why I love this community! Honesty and lovley, exactly what I needed! I'll keep going, will get patience and keep working on this lifestyle change! "Not a diet, its a lifestyle change will be pinned on my mirror!" Haha
  • salmarooni
    Options
    I see a small difference, but I can tell you that you have an amazing hourglass figure and once you lose more weight you are going to look INCREDIBLE! That tiny waist of yours is really going to pop. You have the perfect body shape.

Oh wow! What a lovely comment! Thankyou, i'll keep pushing myself further! :)
  • jumpsquats
    jumpsquats Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Your waist looks a tiny bit smaller, but it’s hard to tell with the differing angle and lighting of the two pics. I’d try taking progress pics using a tripod stand and better lighting in the same pose/spot each week or whenever you do it. But good work, keep it up!
  • salmarooni
    Options
    angelsja wrote: »
    88olds wrote: »

7lb is not too aggressive I lost 6lb in the first week just from cutting out crap most of it will be water weight now I'm averaging 1.5lb a week

Yes, to be honest i think thats whats made me lose patience. I lost lots in first 3 weeks but now its kind of flatlined, but as you says its less bloating and initial change of diet. Will change up my exercise routine and push even harder! :)