Baby girl names

Options
smartin114
smartin114 Posts: 10 Member
Having our first kid in a few weeks and not sharing our names with family and friends, but really wanted some opinions. We don’t like super girly names and we have Ellis and Tatum on the short list. Thoughts?

Replies

• elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I love the name aviana
    And Iliana
    Congratulations to you ;)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I prefer names without vowels.

However: Ellis Okay, is that a family name? Does it work well with your last name? Sure, why not?

and... Tatum. Yeah, easy to spell and easy to remember. It's different and uncommon but not weird, I like it just fine.

Congrats on the new addition to the family!

Your life will change in a nanosecond; enjoy the moments.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Layken
    Harlan
    Sawyer
    Rowan

I dunno, that’s all I got. Congratulations though. How exciting!

too many vowels; sorry

I like:

Xmrtl
    Pzrp
    Rtlg

these are good names to have written on a Starbucks cup, just to hear the barista call out the drink order.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I like a lot of classic names - Eloise and Alice and Leah (Lee-ah). I like Tamzin too
  • dadsafrantic
    dadsafrantic Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    isabel, sophia, eugenia, hortense,
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    A normal name? Not a Madisyn, McKeynzie. Nothing named after a state, city, car, color or food. :wink:
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I like Ursula too
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    Addison (Addy)
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,662 Member
    Options
    If you choose Ellis, she will always have her name misspelled as Alice. This may or may not annoy her. You will not know until she is about nine, but by then it'll be too late.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    Tiffany
  • W8WarI
    W8WarI Posts: 567 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Annette {pronounced: An~net}! o:)
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Call them lizard

Give them the nickname Liz

For the rest of her life people will think she is called Elizabeth and she will always have to correct them.

Or maybe something like Josephine so she can got by jo or joey as a less feminine nick name.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I like Tatum better than Ellis.

Harper
    Marlowe
    Lou
    Reese
    Sloan
    Jean
    Rae
    Roberta
  • elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Y’all like some weird *kitten* names
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Ellis. But due to past acquaintances I don't like Tatums anymore.

Also, asking for name advice will drive you crazy, probably best to just keep it between you and SO so you don't get drowned.
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Ellis. But due to past acquaintances I don't like Tatums anymore.

Also, asking for name advice will drive you crazy, probably best to just keep it between you and SO so you don't get drowned.

That's always been my favourite part of choosing baby names, remembering all the people who turned you off of the name.
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    If I had a baby girl I would name her Cielo.....translated to English that is Sky. I think it is pretty.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    If pregnancy was abnormally hard or there will be other awkward circumstances surrounding her birth, you can call her Zoe (spelled however you will, as long as it’s not in a way that would not allow her teachers to butcher it during roll call). That implies a “miracle baby” and is Greek/biblical speak for “life.” That’s my name because I was almost an abortee due to being born with a birth defect, into a culture that, back then, preferred blonde hair, blue eyes and no flaws whatsoever.
  • keodell1966
    keodell1966 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I work at a children's hospital. I'm seriously convinced most names are made up nowadays, in order to be different. Either that or they are spelled wacky. When you have a normal name with an apostrophe and a billion vowels, seriously people!!
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    I feel you should wait until she's born, and you see her face. And at that time, she may let you know what her name is. You can have a mini list of possible names, but don't decide until you see her. What if you think her name is Sophie, and after shes born her name is really Scarlett.