Calorie adjustment

I gained 2 pounds in 3 months how should i adjust my calories

Replies

• FlyingMolly
    FlyingMolly Posts: 490 Member
    What are you trying to get your weight to do?
  • 2 pounds in 3 months is nothing
  • FlyingMolly
    FlyingMolly Posts: 490 Member
    K, you’re basically doing that, then. Our weight can fluctuate up to five pounds in one DAY; two pounds in three months is statistically insignificant. Keep an eye on it, sure, and be aware of how often you indulge on high-calorie meals, but I don’t see how this calls for any real adjustment right now.
  • BitofaState
    BitofaState Posts: 75 Member
    Try giving a 5-10% margin of error on your logging and see how that goes. It does depend on what you're eating but pre-prepared meals, packets and so on have a margin of error in the amount by weight, that is never under the stated amount, but can be up to 10% over.

Then there's the stuff we can forget, or not log accurately, oils, condiments, etc.

Saying that 2lbs sound like natural fluctuation, although maybe try weighing yourself daily for a couple of weeks and see what the average is if you're concerned.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    2lbs can be a fluctuation, if it still hangs around in another few weeks you can adjust your intake down slightly.
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Try giving a 5-10% margin of error on your logging and see how that goes. It does depend on what you're eating but pre-prepared meals, packets and so on have a margin of error in the amount by weight, that is never under the stated amount, but can be up to 10% over.

Then there's the stuff we can forget, or not log accurately, oils, condiments, etc.

Saying that 2lbs sound like natural fluctuation, although maybe try weighing yourself daily for a couple of weeks and see what the average is if you're concerned.

Don't agree with this quite often I have gone to weigh a portion of something out which is supposed to serve two and it has had less then the stated portion in the pack -_- it's really annoying eg a pack of pre made rice supposedly contained 2 125g portions I weighed 125g out then weighed what was left and it was only 110 alot of packages take the weight of the packet into account