Favorite Crockpot Meals?

Options
I'm always looking for new, healthy, low cal meals that I can just throw in the slow cooker in the morning? What are your favorites?

Replies

• MichelleP0306
    MichelleP0306 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast with salsa... its so good !! I eat it plain w/ a veggie or put in a low cal tortilla.
  • Soccer_Chick
    Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Great question! I'll be checking back in for tasty recipes. I have TONS of crockpot recipes, unfortunately they are not "healthy, low calorie meals". Lol...
  • julesgill
    Options
    Great question! I'll be checking back in for tasty recipes. I have TONS of crockpot recipes, unfortunately they are not "healthy, low calorie meals". Lol...

Same here, I am used to just throwing things together and not measuring or caring if it's healthy, so I'm excited for responses!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey chili and chicken and vegetable soup,
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    bump! I love my crockpot!
  • angief_01
    Options
    I'll be check back too!! Love crockpot cooking!!
  • mariedingle
    Options
    This sounds so good, I can't wait to try it!!
  • H2eather
    Options
    I just made a venison stroganoff yesterday & it was great. Only about 250 cal for a bowl. (You could substitute the venison with beef)
    Combine 1 lb of venison, can of campbells beef broth, can of mushrooms and onion in the crockpot in the morning on low heat.
    When you get home cook noodles.
    While noodles are cooking add a can of 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup and 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt to crockpot.
    Add noodles when they are done.
    Salt & pepper to taste.
  • julesgill
    Options
    I just made a venison stroganoff yesterday & it was great. Only about 250 cal for a bowl. (You could substitute the venison with beef)
    Combine 1 lb of venison, can of campbells beef broth, can of mushrooms and onion in the crockpot in the morning on low heat.
    When you get home cook noodles.
    While noodles are cooking add a can of 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup and 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt to crockpot.
    Add noodles when they are done.
    Salt & pepper to taste.

How much is "a bowl"??? and we love venison in our house, my dh is a hunter, so definitely won't sub beef in =)
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    My favorite is to throw split chicken breast in with a can of chicken broth and when its done, it falls right off the bone and I shred it and add it to a salad or cook it with a light marinade, make chicken quesadillas or tacos etc. There are endless possibilities with it and one pack of chicken lasts me 3-4 nights.
  • Soccer_Chick
    Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My favorite is to throw split chicken breast in with a can of chicken broth and when its done, it falls right off the bone and I shred it and add it to a salad or cook it with a light marinade, make chicken quesadillas or tacos etc. There are endless possibilities with it and one pack of chicken lasts me 3-4 nights.
    Thank you! This sounds like a great idea!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    3 Bean Chicken Chili...I put my exact recipe...just search for jzim in the recipe database.
  • angijunbug
    angijunbug Posts: 205
    Options
    I just made pork roast & sauerkraut in my crock pot today! So good. Pork roast, water, sauerkraut, sweet onion chopped, green pepper chopped. Easy & yummy! I ate mine with steamed asparagus & a half cup of mashed potatoes. according to the mpf food data base the dinner was 424 calories.
  • binkybaby1
    binkybaby1 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I just made pork roast & sauerkraut in my crock pot today! So good. Pork roast, water, sauerkraut, sweet onion chopped, green pepper chopped. Easy & yummy! I ate mine with steamed asparagus & a half cup of mashed potatoes. according to the mpf food data base the dinner was 424 calories.

This sounds soooo yummy I may just have to try this. :happy:
  • diamondsnthesky
    diamondsnthesky Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Bump ... will be looking back for recipes :)
  • krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Bumpity Bump Bump. :)
  • MamaKatel
    MamaKatel Posts: 180
    Options
    Just made bbq pulled chicken with Stubb's bbq sauce, sooo good!
  • khochst
    khochst Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump
  • allisshiney
    allisshiney Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    2 pork tenderloin, 1tbsp soy sauce, 1/2 cup red wine, 1 clove garlic, 1/2 packet onion soup mix, 3/4 cup of water = Awesome!!!
  • jkliles
    jkliles Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    this may not be a cool thing to everyone else but i thought it was awesome! I have this cookbook from the eat this not that guy and he has these food ingredient matrix charts to where you can create your own healthy and delicious creations. Here it is:

choose protein (1)
    short ribs chicken legs pork shoulder lamb shanks chuck roast dried bean mix (low for 2 hours)

choose veggies
    mirepox=onions, carrots, celery garlic potatoes mushrooms (only add last two hours)

choose braising liquid
    red wine white wine beer vinegar (balasmic, wine, rice wine, or sherry) soy sauce beef or chicken broth

choose flavor enhancers
    tomato paste (can of whole tomatoes) dried mushrooms bay leaves fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary, parsley) honey
    ginger

instructions: brown meat first with oil! after browning meat transfer to slowe cooker, deglaze pan by adding some of the braising liquid and use wooden spoon to scrape up the crusty bits stuck to pan; use enough liquid to cover the meat, including the liquid from the pan deglazing; best to pair at least half broth braising liquid then a full flavor liquid like wine beer vinegar or soy sauce. then add on flavor with veggies, spices, herbs, and other add ons. top and cook for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high

i havent tried any creations yet but this guy is pretty awesome and makes great cookbooks!