Options

Replies

• Rosemary7391
    Rosemary7391 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    zamphir66 wrote: »
    greyphan wrote: »
    Mslmesq wrote: »
    Yes, of course you should eat more than that!

But more importantly, how at 23 years old do you not know how tall you are? Seriously.

The last time I️ was measured I️ was 10. I️ know I’ve grown and inch or two since then, just not sure precisely how much. I️ know I’m really short, I️ just don’t see the point in knowing my height too precisely.

Have you not been to the doctor since you were 10? Every time I go to the doctor I get my weight, height, blood pressure, blood oxygen, and pulse, at the very least taken. I mean, this is all part of your medical file.

I don't recall the doctor taking any of those measurements in the ~3 times I've been since I was 16. They weren't relevant to the problem at hand so I wouldn't expect them to take all that time to do it!

OP, maybe trying drinking some calories if the problem is that you feel full - almond milk, or a smoothie with seeds/nut butter etc. But keep at it until you find something that works for you. Also make sure you're logging accurately and not actually eating more than you think you are.
  • Meelisv
    Meelisv Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Almond milk is typically quite low in calories. Peanut butter (or any nut butter) is a good option - calorie dense and a good source of fat and protein.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    If you don't like avocados, eat some pb&j. You might feel fine for a while at 1000 calories a day. Until you don't. And it takes a while to come back from the don't.
  • jessicafordy9
    jessicafordy9 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Skimmed through comments so apologies if this has been said but are you weighing the food. Entries like 1 Apple, 1 bannana or a handful/cup of nuts etc. Can be vastly off. You could be eating more calories then you think of this is the case.
  • greyphan
    greyphan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    lucerorojo wrote: »
    What kind of doctors do you folks go to? No matter what I go in for, the first thing they do is put me on a scale and weigh, and then take blood pressure.

I am also confused by the OP. If all she eats is 800-900 of fruits and vegetables calories, how did she get to be 200 lbs.??

I’m a very different person than I used to be, I️ used to eat a lot of processed foods and take out.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    What kind of doctors do you folks go to? No matter what I go in for, the first thing they do is put me on a scale and weigh, and then take blood pressure.

I am also confused by the OP. If all she eats is 800-900 of fruits and vegetables calories, how did she get to be 200 lbs.??

The only time I've been weighed and measured was when i was asking the doctor about weight loss pills. My height and weight is completely irrelevant to what i usually visit the doctor for.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    greyphan wrote: »
    Hi,

I’m a 23 year old pre-t ftm who’s roughly somewhere between 5’1 and 5’3, and my SW is roughly 200lbs (my scale broke a few months ago). MFP gave me a calorie goal of 1500 to lose 1 lb a week. So far, my lowest day was 893 calories (I️ ate a banana after I️ finished my diary to bring it up to just over 1000), and my highest is 1065. I’m not purposely trying to eat so little, but I️ eat mostly fresh fruits, veggies, and plant based foods (I’m 100% vegan), so I️ guess they aren’t that high in calories. Is this sustainable? Or should I️ try and eat more food to lose weight?

Dietary fat is essential to proper nutrition...you also need more protein sources...and yes, you are undereating.

Eat more fat and protein.

If you are 200 Lbs, you were eating a lot more than 1,000 calories at one point...
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

The only time I've been weighed and measured was when i was asking the doctor about weight loss pills. My height and weight is completely irrelevant to what i usually visit the doctor for.

Maybe it depends on where you live. I'm almost 45, live in the US, and height, weight, and blood pressure are taken for every single visit I've ever had for either a general visit or an OB/GYN visit. I think, maybe, the only visit that height and weight weren't taken were a couple neurology visits.
  • cwolfman13
    Options

Weird...they take my BP, height, and weight every time I go in before I even see the doctor. The only time they don't is if I'm just going in to get blood work done only.

I'd think they'd at least do this at an annual physical at minimum?
  • hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    Please be sure you're keeping an eye on your B12 levels. People tend to stress protein when they hear veg/vegan, but it's not that hard to come by if you're eating properly. Low levels of B12 can really screw you up and can take a while to rebuild. I learned that the hard way and ended up on injections for months.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Trt adding some healthy fats like avocado, nuts and nut ouls to round things up a bit.
  • cwolfman13
    Options
    hud54014 wrote: »
    Please be sure you're keeping an eye on your B12 levels. People tend to stress protein when they hear veg/vegan, but it's not that hard to come by if you're eating properly. Low levels of B12 can really screw you up and can take a while to rebuild. I learned that the hard way and ended up on injections for months.

Doesn't sound like OP is eating properly which is why protein has been mentioned here...she only mentions fruit and vegetables...no mention of legumes or lentils or tofu or any typical vegan protein source.

OP doesn't sound like she's getting enough fat or protein in her diet...

And yes...supplement B12.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Let’s start with 2 obvious questions. Did you get to bee 200 eating vegan? Are you losing now, 1000?