47 in April

Options
Just started this journey to a healthier me after gaining quite a bit over the last few yrs. I am unable to exercise due to a back injury so eating healthy and walking will have to do. I have lost 5 lbs so far with a goal of 30 more. Holding myself accountable has been interesting. Looking forward to continuing with the support of fellow middle agers lol

Replies

• Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! Feel free to friend me:)
  • terryritter1
    terryritter1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your journey! Make sound dietary choices that you can live with because it's not just about getting the weight off, but keeping it off. As important as exercise is, more of our health is determined by what we eat. And, walking is a great exercise. Once the weight starts to come off you might start to feel your are more capable. It can only get better!
  • johnw83
    johnw83 Posts: 6,219 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome to mfp how are u feel free to add me as a freind cheers john
  • Sparkyg785
    Sparkyg785 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fellow middle ager looking for support, feel free to add me
  • cdubs4btr
    cdubs4btr Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had successfull back surgery a few years ago after an accident and I’m turning the big 40 this July. Feel free to message or add me
  • calvinjesusfreakfields
    Options
    Welcome. I’m John and I’m 50
  • ClayBengal
    ClayBengal Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    48 here with history of back problems. Feel free to add.
  • Iron_Muscle_
    Iron_Muscle_ Posts: 5,095 Member
    Options
    I’ll be 47 in April too
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Welcome. 51 here, but I did my intitial big weight loss at 45 (50lbs). Since then been I've been back a few times for the occasional 15 to 20 lb hicups along the way.
  • Jc071803
    Jc071803 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. This is my first post, but I’ve been using this app since November. I turn 40 in April and have had back issues for 7 years. Message me if you want to chat.