True Confessions - Don't Judge

Replies

• michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    i got my car stuck on some ice today. i'm not sure of what i'm going to do. 3rd time in 3 weeks
  • Fatmansyndrome
    Fatmansyndrome Posts: 59 Member
    I like to throw rocks
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Oldies always have been and always will be my favorite type of music... But sometimes, they just make me too sad to listen to.
  • W8WarI
    W8WarI Posts: 567 Member
    IC that I was given the "give up drinking" ultimatum... only 8 days in and I have the twitches, shakes and nervous ticks of a *kitten* heroin addict.

Depending upon how much you were drinking, it's deadly dangerous to quit entirely at once unlike with smoking cigarettes/cigars!
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    I could do this all day

Vague AND a confession all in one thread. You are a master of efficient posting, my dear Bacon.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    I could do this all day

Vague AND a confession all in one thread. You are a master of efficient posting, my dear Bacon.

You should go see my vague post :D

Of course I did... You know I follow you like a lovestruck groupie.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    I could do this all day

You should go see my vague post :D

Of course I did... You know I follow you like a lovestruck groupie.

Who doesn’t??
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    81Katz wrote: »
    IC that I was given the "give up drinking" ultimatum... only 8 days in and I have the twitches, shakes and nervous ticks of a *kitten* heroin addict.

When I stopped drinking, I would start out stopping because 'others were upset about it' 'others said I should stop'. That didn't work those first couple times. Talking a long hard look at myself, realizing how little I cared about me was a big motivation for my drinking. How could I care about others, when I did not care about myself?

Sometimes I still don't care about me and sometimes think I'm the biggest POS that ever lived. Maybe I am those things, maybe I am not. I just know that *I'm* less of a piece of crap because I do not drink anymore. I realize there are two main reasons I make the choice to not drink.
    - I finally reached a point somewhere in my ugly, draining, guilt-ridden drunkenness that I just did not want to drink anymore.
    - Also, I simply cannot drink. 1 will never be 1. It'll be 3 which will be 5, which will be 7, 8, 9, until it's gone and I would typically black out.

Whatever your reason now to stop drinking, make it about bettering you. Better you means you can be better in other ways of your life, etc.

It's really hard at first. Mentally and physically. You want to quit, stop, have one more last horrah, but deep down you know it won't be your last.

I was dealing with weight/body issues before the drinking. Then they all seemed to merge in an ugly way (also coupled with my mental health problems) I still have the MH problems, I still have some of the food problems, but not drinking makes those things easier to deal with, not always, kinda, sorta but it IS easier not being drunk during those issues.

Sorry so long. Not sure any of this helps, and there's no judgement at all. But I get it. I do.

Thank you. I appreciate your insight.
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    I confess...that I am over people today, and do not want to interact with a single damn person.

Yay social anxiety!
  • notthistime_
    notthistime_ Posts: 76 Member
    IC that there is a cold beer with my name on it in my near future
  • jennabun101
    jennabun101 Posts: 54 Member
    I confess that I do NOT want to go to the gym today.