Back on this app, looking for other goal minded peeps

Options
Hey! So I used this app after having my first child along with several other sites and methods and it worked for me! After having my second it is way harder to stay focused this time so I’m back! A lot has changed on the app since then so it feels like a new app, plus I never added or talked to anyone on here last time. Add me! Most likely just seeing everyone’s progress notifications will be enough motivation for me but I’m always open to advice or swapping workouts/recipes!

Replies

• bbblr2018
    bbblr2018 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    :) me too im so new. i used different apps. lonely didnt work. pls add me if u have issues like alcohol or medication.
  • Lisa8347
    Lisa8347 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am new to this app and just started using it. Today makes my second day. I like what this app has to offer and I feel great and have more energy now I am keeping track of my food and drink calorie intake. I even like the steps track on here. I download a Walkmeter app too to help me get more motivated to do more exercise. I even have my son who is a 14 year old who doesn’t mind going on walks and shirt jogs with me around the neighborhood when we both are home. Eating less makes me want to go walking. I might just start my 7 minute workouts apps too when I am having my downtime. I like to make excuses that I have no time but if I time myself and use my free Time smart when I am not working I just may be able to lose a lb a week. I hope this attitude stays in check. I hope what I share motivates you to want to connect with me. I am currently looking for goal oriented individuals who want to chat and be a positive feedback. I hope your walk through this app goes great.
  • Grazypants
    Grazypants Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bbblr2018 wrote: »
    :) me too im so new. i used different apps. lonely didnt work. pls add me if u have issues like alcohol or medication.
    Yes! Alcohol is a hard one for me, especially since giving up food and feeling like I’m physically working hard with my workouts makes me feel like I earned myself a drink at the end of the day. I gave it up last time I dropped weight and then went out for drinks to celebrate reaching my goal last time, maybe I’ll try that again. I also used cigarettes all the time last time around to help keep food cravings down. I quit when I started trying for my second baby 2 years ago, but the temptation to pick it up again just to keep cravings down is still there.
  • Grazypants
    Options
    Lisa8347 wrote: »
    I am new to this app and just started using it. Today makes my second day. I like what this app has to offer and I feel great and have more energy now I am keeping track of my food and drink calorie intake. I even like the steps track on here. I download a Walkmeter app too to help me get more motivated to do more exercise. I even have my son who is a 14 year old who doesn’t mind going on walks and shirt jogs with me around the neighborhood when we both are home. Eating less makes me want to go walking. I might just start my 7 minute workouts apps too when I am having my downtime. I like to make excuses that I have no time but if I time myself and use my free Time smart when I am not working I just may be able to lose a lb a week. I hope this attitude stays in check. I hope what I share motivates you to want to connect with me. I am currently looking for goal oriented individuals who want to chat and be a positive feedback. I hope your walk through this app goes great.

Yeah I love how this app helps you keep track of everything. I always end up snacking a little bit here and there throughout the day and mentally not even realizing how it all adds up. Then I’m confused about why I’m not losing any weight haha. I love taking walks too to start my day, especially if I have somewhere scenic or interesting to walk. A mantra I keep with me to keep me moving forward is “the trick is to not give up”. If I skip a day or two the key is to not let that be the end....which is so NOT what I’ve been doing this past year and a half but this mantra has kept me going. Good luck!
  • RecRunnerInMA
    RecRunnerInMA Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I’m in the same boat. I used this app before to lose a bunch of weight and it has since crept back on again. I’m hoping to have the same success this time. I’m hoping using the community this time gives me more motivation. I’m finding it a lot harder the second time for some reason.

I also like a glass of wine at the end of a long work day but it is empty calories so I’m going to give it up until I’m back at goal weight I think. Going to be hard though.
  • Grazypants
    Options
    I’m in the same boat. I used this app before to lose a bunch of weight and it has since crept back on again. I’m hoping to have the same success this time. I’m hoping using the community this time gives me more motivation. I’m finding it a lot harder the second time for some reason.

I also like a glass of wine at the end of a long work day but it is empty calories so I’m going to give it up until I’m back at goal weight I think. Going to be hard though.

I’m right there with you on that glass of wine. I’ve been winding down with some tea instead :P