would like others input on what Im doing wrong..

Options
I have been working out at least 4 days a week, I burn about 300 calories or more a day, and I am only eating 1200 calories a day..but I am not losing weight...not gaining either.
I have lost about 11 lbs in the last 55 days, but I think that I should be losing more.
Thanks for the input :)

Replies

• BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    1200 - 300 = 900 = too little fuel = stalled weight loss
  • kmcgill20
    Options
    How much sugar are you eating? Sugar is in fruits and milk and yogurt. Try to stay under 25 grams.
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    That's just over a pound a week. Sounds like pretty good results to me.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options

Yep. Hit your targets.
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have been working out at least 4 days a week, I burn about 300 calories or more a day, and I am only eating 1200 calories a day..but I am not losing weight...not gaining either.
    I have lost about 11 lbs in the last 55 days, but I think that I should be losing more.

You're contradicting yourself. you ARE losing weight. 11 pounds in less than 7 weeks? That's excellent!
  • Terriberry
    Terriberry Posts: 100
    Options

Totally agree. You are eating WAY too little to keep your body going. You need to eat back all your exercise calories or most of them. Your body is more that likely in starvation mode or close to it. Start eating more. Sounds redundant but it's true.:wink:
  • uubulldawg06
    uubulldawg06 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    are you eating your exercise calories? you may not be giving your body enough fuel. trying drinking chocalate milk, peanut butter, or nuts to increase your calories.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    How much sugar are you eating? Sugar is in fruits and milk and yogurt. Try to stay under 25 grams.

Sugars from natural dairy and fruit are not a problem. It's the processed sugars in her diary that are a problem.

You aren't eating enough. You are eating a lot of processed foods and your sodium is crazy high. That means you are probably retaining water.
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be relying only on the pounds on the scale. What was your beginning body fat percentage and what is it now. If you are working out you are gaining muscle and losing fat. A pound of fat takes up less room than a pound of fat. If your clothes are getting looser you are losing the fat, just gaining muscle.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    You are doing great!!!! I've lost 16 pounds in the last 9 months!!!!! Eat a bit more. You will feel better.
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    11 pounds in 55 days is a pound every 5 days, or almost 1.5 per week. That is a perfect pace to lose.

It takes time. We all didn't get to a weight beyond our ideal overnight, and it will take time to get it back to what we want.

I've lost 24 pounds in about 100 days - a similar pace to you, and I'm happy as a clam about it.

Keep up the GREAT work!
  • mommyrox05
    mommyrox05 Posts: 238
    Options
    I would say watch your sodium ( a lot of that comes from processed foods) and your sugar intake (so hard for me too...I go over in sugar a lot), and make sure that you are getting enough, hit your goals then you will probably see the change that you are looking for! :happy:
  • PJoy6
    PJoy6 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You are doing wonderful. Don't be too hard on yourself, it's a journey!
    I have no room to talk because I know it's my biggest problem, but it might be bad-carbs, sugar, white flour, etc.
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I agree 11 lbs is great but I would also up your protein some. I find higher protein yields better weight loss...maybe a shake or something?
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    11 pounds in 55 days is just over a pound a week. That's perfect! You're doing great! A pound a week is the recommended rate of weight loss. You did not get fat fast and you will not get fit fast but you will get fit as long as you keep going.

A couple things to keep in mind. If you set up MFP right when you started then the daily calorie goal that MFP gives you already has a calorie deficit built in in order to lose weight. That said, you should eat close to your calorie goal each day including eating back most of your calories burned through exercise. DO NOT eat way less than your calorie goal in order to try to lose weight faster. It will not work. You will only slow or even stop your progress.

Shoot for .5 to 1 gram of protein for each pound of lean body weight.

BTW, I've been to Grand Prairie. I lived in Euless for a year while I went to school in Irving.
  • Kassielin13
    Options
    Sara, Your net calories are only around 900 calories which could be throwing your body into starvation mode. Up your calorie intake for a few weeks and I will almost bet you will notice a weight loss again. Or if you would like to stay at the 1200 area just give your body a break from the workouts and do something a little less intense! I tried to "zig zag" my calories and relaxing my workout a few weeks ago after hitting a plateau and I began losing again. Hope this helps hun!
  • sarashae
    sarashae Posts: 28
    Options
    thank you everyone! I did not think of it as 1 lb every 5 days...my bad... :) I am going to watch my sodium...I have decided to start that tomorrow! and I am going to try to eat my calories back...sometimes just hard. I am full most of the time. It's funny, when I look back at what I used to eat and how much I am just amazed at it! This is all a learning experience for me...thanks again everyone!:happy:
  • charsauce
    Options

You're contradicting yourself. you ARE losing weight. 11 pounds in less than 7 weeks? That's excellent!

she is right! that is an incredible amount. Stick with it girl!