Who's Canadian

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited January 2018
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Big sky country Saskatchewan here. We don't have any gaurd rails on our hills here. <3

My ex was from Saskatoon..
    Im Australian and all I know about Canada is its freaking cold. Brrrrrr. My ex used to say it took 5 Australian summers for him to thaw out :laugh:

He didn't represent well! I gather the prairies are colder but I'm in southern Ontario and our summers are nice and can be hot as *kitten* and winters are typically not awful (this winter has been colder than normal, but the summer was super hot too). There is a good range of seasonality and range of temperature. Average summer temp is probably 22-32 C and winter 2 to minus 8 C, with extremes of course

He grew up in Saskatoon but lived in Winnipeg and Calgary..
    Where I live Ive seen maybe -1 a couple of times in 20 odd years. A super cold night is 12-13c.
    He did say one of his favourite places was Lake Louise.. Banff..sp?
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Big sky country Saskatchewan here. We don't have any gaurd rails on our hills here. <3

Im Australian and all I know about Canada is its freaking cold. Brrrrrr. My ex used to say it took 5 Australian summers for him to thaw out :laugh:

He didn't represent well! I gather the prairies are colder but I'm in southern Ontario and our summers are nice and can be hot as *kitten* and winters are typically not awful (this winter has been colder than normal, but the summer was super hot too). There is a good range of seasonality and range of temperature. Average summer temp is probably 22-32 C and winter 2 to minus 8 C, with extremes of course

Where I live Ive seen maybe -1 a couple of times in 20 odd years. A super cold night is 12-13c.

Aww!! You are a warm weather person!
    There are colder parts of Australia tho too aren't there?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited January 2018

Aww!! You are a warm weather person!
    There are colder parts of Australia tho too aren't there?

Oh absolutely. . There are places that snow, Like Perisher and Thredbo.. I've just never lived in a place that snowed. Winters are spent in the tropics so a winter day is 26c. My ex liked the heat more than I lol.
  • ThinGoldLineNS
    ThinGoldLineNS Posts: 265 Member
    Ever sick, eh?!
    Anyone else learned a Native American language in school? We had Ojibwa offered in our Ontario school.

Indigenous languages were not offered as options where I grew up in Ontario. They offer Cree in some Alberta areas. (Indigenous communities) I now live in Nova Scotia and wish I could speak Mi'kmaq.
  • joannabanana1986
    joannabanana1986 Posts: 23 Member
    Born in a wheat field in Saskatchewan( prairie newfie) Stubble jumped to Alberta.
  • caiteh86
    caiteh86 Posts: 243 Member
    100% Canadian. Small town Ontario.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    ^^^ Same.
  • jacesmom4930
    jacesmom4930 Posts: 25 Member
    British Columbia!
  • Canadian and Albertan!
  • NuMi2018
    NuMi2018 Posts: 12 Member
    Orangeville Ontario here :)
  • vcommodore17
    vcommodore17 Posts: 21 Member
    I am wooo
  • Gould118
    Gould118 Posts: 544 Member
    Me! I'm from Vancouver ;)
  • WolfDenOne
    WolfDenOne Posts: 1,507 Member
    US transplant to Newfoundland. I was even screeched in - does that count?! :lol:
  • Wingsont84
    Wingsont84 Posts: 335 Member
    Let's get warm
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    The South Remembers
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    edited March 2018
    8brb747m3293.gif
    7876nwdeuzdh.gif
    qq16elvjm519.gif
    nk7fbgeccwc9.gif
    5vnzf6g9atpe.gif
    vxg2gngjm22l.gif
    hb1bqulp98cz.gif
  • BissiH
    BissiH Posts: 19 Member
    edited March 2018
  • noexcuses0626
    noexcuses0626 Posts: 60 Member
    Montreal born and raised.
  • DreamAmalfi
    DreamAmalfi Posts: 211 Member
    I'm Canadian from British Columbia. Been in the US of A for the last 8 years. Dual citizen.