Did anyone successfully lose the mom pooch/mummy tummy? How?

Options

All kinds of methods, products, approaches advertised on the big wide web! What actually worked? Any success stories to share?

Replies

• sissyk2014
    sissyk2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'll head over and read that thread!
  • ann_kristen
    ann_kristen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm following this thread! I can't answer your question but I'm determined to lose my mom pouch after 2 csections. Lots of lower ab/pelvic floor exercises for me. I started Jan 1 :)
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    It depends on what the mom pouch is. Is it excess fat? If so, fat loss via calorie deficit will help. Is it excess skin? Then it may or may not snap back depending on how much collagen was lost when the skin stretched out during pregnancy. Time will tell. If the collagen is gone, then it's gone for good. There isn't an exercise or product on the market that can restore collagen at a molecular level. Is the mom pouch from separation of the abdominal muscles? Does it look like you're 3 or 4 months pregnant all the time? If so, see a doctor for official diagnosis. Sometimes physical therapy can help with it. Certain exercises might help very mild cases. Severe cases require surgery.

I have a combination of all three. I find that it looks better the more weight I lose, but the excess skin isn't going anywhere and I just accept it as a part of having five children.
  • smnovosad1
    smnovosad1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It’s hard. I have 4 kids, the largest of whom was 10 lbs at birth, and I’m stuck with some excess skin. I have six pack abs and still have jiggly skin on top — when I do a plank the skin hangs straight down in the middle. I’d have to have the skin removed to get it to go away.

Still, though, I have a flat stomach that looks good in clothes. So don’t give up — if you have fat on your stomach further dieting will still improve things.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    That looks like skin, not fat and only surgery will fix that.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    ccruz985 wrote: »
    That looks like skin, not fat and only surgery will fix that.

If you’re referring to my pics, I actually have a combination right now. At my lightest it was super thin, but it’s a little thicker now that I regained a bit. Since I was obese (BMI 44) the loose skin isn’t surprising.

Actually on page 3 of my Success thread I posted above there are pics of my loose skin (standing and bent over).
  • sissyk2014
    sissyk2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Interesting posts!!!
  • mbrown1818
    mbrown1818 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!
    I am a new, first time momma who had a c-section and am now getting on the baby weight-loss wagon! I could use the support/motivation of some other mommas that understand the struggle! Add me as a friend if you’re willing/interested! :)