knee pain - should I be as worried as I am??

I am looking for some thoughts/support/advice - Yesterday I was working out doing lifting(legs) and afterwards I felt like my legs were more tired than normal. Today while walking around my office I noticed some pain in the inside of my left knee when I turned corners. I tried working out after work today and it wasn't really bothering me during but still when I turn corners I can feel a slight twinge. When I got out of my car after the gym it got really stiff and sore - now I have ice on it.

I am freaking out because I have never really had knee pain, and I don't know what to do. I have been putting a lot into my workouts over the past couple weeks and even doing 2 two-a-days during the week. Maybe I am just over doing it and its my body's way of telling me to slow down, but I am prone to natural panic so maybe it's nothing but what if something is wrong? I have been doing sooo well and I don't want anything to get in the way of that, but I am also afraid of what a doctor will say...

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Replies

• Green_Eyed_Girl88
    Green_Eyed_Girl88 Posts: 73 Member
    I would lighten up on your workouts and see if the pain goes away but If it keeps up over the next day or two i would call your doctor. The same happened to me and after a week I found out I tore my ACL. That was in Feb, surgery in March and still recovering..BUT I still managed to lose 50lbs through it all....so dont worry too much..just enough that your doing whats best for your body :) Good Luck!
  • jhungate
    jhungate Posts: 95 Member
    Depends on the pain, stiffness or sharp pain, etc. Ice and ibuprofen right after a workout, make sure you are stretching and cooling down properly. Hot shower or moist heat before you go to bed. Back off on your workouts for a couple of days and see how it feels.
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Ice and heat rotations of 20 minutes and relax that knee do not push it any further til it's better...
  • gfergus1
    gfergus1 Posts: 17
    You might have pulled something, if you have been doing new exercises you might not be in the correct position when you do them. You might want to meet with a trainer to make sure so you can avoid injury. If the pain persists for more than a day or two, you should definitely see a doctor.
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    You might be over doing it.. 2 a days sounds like alot. Some thoughts. Make sure you are stretching. Ice (20 minutes on, 20 minutes off) , cut back on weight that you are lifting to see how you feel, if it persists, doctor..

Hang in.