Intermittent Fasting 23 to 1 past 5 days. Here to track my macros.

Options
Hello my name is Brad and I’m looking for advice and to make new friends. I’m down 5.8 pounds since I start almost a week ago. I’m consuming about 1500 calories during my one meal and I’m very active at work. I walk between 5-10 miles a day at work and walk up to 25-200 flights of stairs a day. My issue is when I’m off. I’m going to try to balance this off time by going to the gym 3 times a week for cardio here soon.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I do IF too. 1500 seems sort of low for all your activities. Fuel your workouts.
  • CarmenQ110
    CarmenQ110 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    23:1? Everyday? I'm not sure that's healthy...I just started 16:8, I was doing 14:10.
  • bandwidthbandit
    bandwidthbandit Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hey Brad! I do One Meal A Day as well. (Most there are 23:1, but I am more 21:3 because I cannot eat all of my calories in an hour.) I have been doing IF for the past couple of months with a 1500 cal/day goal. You should join the OMAD Revolution group on the site. Super helpful folks there!
  • istartanew82
    istartanew82 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I do IF too. 1500 seems sort of low for all your activities. Fuel your workouts.

Tiny dancer, I think I need more too, I’m not a small guy and very active at work. I can’t force myself to eat more in that hour. That time has really restricted how much I can fit into that time.

• istartanew82
    Options
    CarmenQ110 wrote: »
    23:1? Everyday? I'm not sure that's healthy...I just started 16:8, I was doing 14:10.

Carmen, I’ve read a lot about people on OMAD and some people have done it for 20 years like hearsal Walker.
  • L1zardQueen
    Options

Tiny dancer, I think I need more too, I’m not a small guy and very active at work. I can’t force myself to eat more in that hour. That time has really restricted how much I can fit into that time.

How about two meals a day but spread out between four hours instead of one hour? And that some of the food content your stomach has digested.

1500 is just too low for a big guy.

What did MFP set you up as calorie goal to lose weight?
  • istartanew82
    Options

How about two meals a day but spread out between four hours instead of one hour? And that some of the food content your stomach has digested.

2,460 calories to lose 2 pounds a week. I just think that’s high. How does it calculate it up? By height and weight?
  • L1zardQueen
    Options

2,460 calories to lose 2 pounds a week. I just think that’s high. How does it calculate it up? By height and weight?

How much weight are you trying to lose?
  • istartanew82
    Options

How much weight are you trying to lose?

I’m down to 259 today and I want to get to 210-220. So 40-50 pounds in 120 days
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    Way way too fast! Besides losing fat, you are losing muscle! Are you lifting?
  • istartanew82
    Options

Just started today. I have been in and out gym for 20 years and have made some good gains. Just got some fat on top I need to get off.

• L1zardQueen
    Options

Just started today. I have been in and out gym for 20 years and have made some good gains. Just got some fat on top I need to get off.

Lift baby lift!
  • theabsentmindednurse
    Options
    Keep an eye on your macros as well as your calories. 1500 seems very low for your physical activity.
    Ensure you meet your Protein/Fibre/Carbs.
    As much as you can within your caloric goals anyway.
    Sometimes we get so caught in calories we forget the quality of our calories actually matter.

Have you considered getting a Fitbit and inputting the work exercise? You will need to eat back some calories to ensure you are actually fueling your body.
  • istartanew82
    Options
    Keep an eye on your macros as well as your calories. 1500 seems very low for your physical activity.
    Ensure you meet your Protein/Fibre/Carbs.
    As much as you can within your caloric goals anyway.
    Sometimes we get so caught in calories we forget the quality of our calories actually matter.

Have you considered getting a Fitbit and inputting the work exercise? You will need to eat back some calories to ensure you are actually fueling your body.

I have a Fitbit and connected to this app. I track my exercise as well and tracks all my activity at work. I’m thinking of get protein shakes to at least get all my protein in.

• istartanew82
    Options
    Well down 8.8 pounds my first week!
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    CarmenQ110 wrote: »

It's perfectly fine as long as one is able to consistently get enough calories and nutrients in one sitting. (Personally, I couldn't do it.)