Tightening up after 100lb weightloss

Options
Hi everyone, so I've lost a crap tonne of weight, while I'm very happy with myself, I've got some saggy bits. Now I know that with loose skin, best thing for it is time and sometimes it just won't improve. I haven't been able to do much excersise during my weightloss, I became sick often, even as I type this right now I'm dealing with the Australian Flu.
I'm not insanly saggy, it's just my butt I have an issue with, it's getting dimply right at the bottom of the cheeks.

I suppose it's a long stretch but are excersises for toning etc a good idea? or has the damage been done and there's no other option left? I can't afford surgery and I never will.

Thanks x

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Exercise will rarely hurt, and will more often than not help to an extent.
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    You look really young which I think should be in your favor with time and getting back to firmness. Lots of exercises out there for firming and toning specific areas. Congrats on your great weight loss!!!
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    If you plump your bum back up with some muscle, that would definitely help. Time for some deadlifts, squats and lunges! :)

Congrats on your achievement!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Well you can't fill loose skin with muscle BUT you're lucky that the butt is one of the places where you can actually make a difference, as building muscle there will actually take some space and change your shape (as opposed to abs).

Squat. A lot. With heavy weights.
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Thank you soo mucch everyone for your help, glad it's not completey hopeless.
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Well you can't fill loose skin with muscle BUT you're lucky that the butt is one of the places where you can actually make a difference, as building muscle there will actually take some space and change your shape (as opposed to abs).

What routines would you recommend to someone who works 10 hour shifts a day?
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Yasmine91 wrote: »

Strong Curves by Bret Contreras.

We all work 10 hours per day.
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »

The whole of MFP have 10hr shifts? small world. Thanks for the reference.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »

The whole of MFP have 10hr shifts? small world. Thanks for the reference.

I'm just saying, many people work 10 hours per day. It's not that uncommon. Not impossible to train.
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Strength and weight training will be your best friend.It sounds like you didn't come out too bad. Filling some muscle in those problem spots, along with some passage of time to allow for some possible shrinkage of skin, should help a lot.

You don't need to spend a ton of time in the gym, either. 30-60 minutes, 3 times a week, would be a good start. You can always do more if it takes to you.

Just make sure you are using challenging weight for your lifts. If you are doing 3 sets of 10, for instance, you should be using a weight heavy enough so that you can finish the first two sets of 10, but maybe only get 7 or 8 reps out of the last set. As soon as you can complete all 10 reps of the last set, it's time to increase the weight.

Doing very light weights, even with high reps, will typically not add significant muscle.

Best of luck!
  • witcherkar
    witcherkar Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Yoga is really good for toning. When i could do all the work outs i wanted, i used to do 4 hours of cardio and then take 3 yoga classes a week. The yoga made me feel calm, gave me balance, built up my strength, toned my body alot. I lost t0 pounds in less than 2 months and never had saggy skin because of my yoga. :D