Suits

Replies

• TEQWAR
    TEQWAR Posts: 1,616 Member

There are ballroom dance clubs you can join, though. Somebody just had their birthday at one and it was a blast.

I think we are going to join.

People do dress up, but no zuit suits that I saw lol.

Plenty of ball room in a zoot suit.... :smiley:
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    TEQWAR wrote: »

There are ballroom dance clubs you can join, though. Somebody just had their birthday at one and it was a blast.

I think we are going to join.

People do dress up, but no zuit suits that I saw lol.

Plenty of ball room in a zoot suit.... :smiley:

Right....but at the cost of style, not sure it's a good trade off, then again, I don't have testicles so...
  • TEQWAR
    TEQWAR Posts: 1,616 Member
    I'm not keen on zoot suits, but I've never been at the forefront of fashion, so what do I know?

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Danw586 wrote: »
    6s6i030qqib5.jpg

Liking this blue tie from express. About the only thing that fits me from that store haha. I'd rip all the sleeves hulk style.

Hubba hubba .. ;) always looking good Dan
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    qhpg39zhdaf5.jpg
    y8wxk8e2hg3u.jpg
    5xk6o39md7nk.jpg
    yepo4hode8c3.jpg

Good Saturday morning, @Avocado_AS5! :bigsmile:

This is my substitute for a black suit.

Will Smith can look cool in a black suit. Most of us, regrettably, cannot. :sad: This is more visually interesting than a black suit while still looking dark and sleek. As a plus, nobody will mistake you for the wait staff or government agent.

Damn! I like this one a lot!

Also, do you have a ring light on your camera??
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    yh61l0hinapf.jpeg
    This man does things to me...
  • slimgirljo15
    o9u3fi9qg559.gif
    *sigh*
  • slimgirljo15
    @TeacupsAndToning

Brandon Saad Chicago blackhawks, professional ice hockey player ;)
    4g4rsczorab0.gif
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    @leut_underpants if your family wondering why the foyer is now a runway?

@4legsRbetterthan2

I tell them it's because you wouldn't be a true friend and invite me over to use the glamorous home of a moderator. :sad:

Well at the moment I would say your foyer is nicer looking than mine. But I have and awesome master bath you could use. The house is fairly new to us so we havent gotten to all the sprucing up we would like.
  • Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    edited February 2018
    3vyux0jy389p.jpg
    09vks4up7bbf.jpg
    35aejk783vl4.jpg

Navy cotton, with lots of texture. It's really trapped somewhere between navy and gray. Again, just the mix of blues, grays, and browns.

@Avocado_AS5, we're almost done! Just a few more to go.

Here's what happens when you take the same color idea and apply it to casual clothes. Just mixed in some grayish green canvas pants.

m6m71t7mvb95.jpg
    pm4lwyx013z5.jpg

It is a good thing you don't work downtown or I don't ever see you downtown, because you would be way too distracting to my day! Some men are made to wear suits, and you sir are one of them!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    @leut_underpants if your family wondering why the foyer is now a runway?

@4legsRbetterthan2

I tell them it's because you wouldn't be a true friend and invite me over to use the glamorous home of a moderator. :sad:

Well at the moment I would say your foyer is nicer looking than mine. But I have and awesome master bath you could use. The house is fairly new to us so we havent gotten to all the sprucing up we would like.

What you don't know is that the entryway is the only thing not under construction/painting/clutter in our place. There's literally a ladder about two feet away in all of the pictures. :laugh:

Thats usually our situation too. But right now the house is abnormally together. I think because I told my husband to get all his *kitten* cleaned up before the baby came, and no one wants to argue w a pregnant lady.
  • slimgirljo15
    edited February 2018
    KyleGrace8 wrote: »
    qxtukvvg791l.png
    va5ouyisk1hp.png
    He's missing the coat but better to see his assets am I right?

Mmhmmm.. he has fine ASSets
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    3vyux0jy389p.jpg
    09vks4up7bbf.jpg
    35aejk783vl4.jpg

Navy cotton, with lots of texture. It's really trapped somewhere between navy and gray. Again, just the mix of blues, grays, and browns.

Here's what happens when you take the same color idea and apply it to casual clothes. Just mixed in some grayish green canvas pants.

m6m71t7mvb95.jpg
    pm4lwyx013z5.jpg

I’m such a sucker for a well dressed man. Though I do prefer Neapolitan, you wear your clothes well. Keep that *kitten* up!

Would you be able to explain to me what Neapolitan style is?
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    bojack3 wrote: »
    3vyux0jy389p.jpg
    09vks4up7bbf.jpg
    35aejk783vl4.jpg

m6m71t7mvb95.jpg
    pm4lwyx013z5.jpg

I’m such a sucker for a well dressed man. Though I do prefer Neapolitan, you wear your clothes well. Keep that *kitten* up!

Would you be able to explain to me what Neapolitan style is?

@bojack3

I'll answer what I understand it to be; she can come along and add or correct if she likes.

It's a moving target. A true Neopolitan will be made in Naples by generational tailors, quite literally handmade, with that talent passed from father to son. They refuse mass production with the exception of the fabric itself, which is usually imported from elsewhere in Italy or from Britain. Everything after that is done by hand, and they're building a one time suit pattern with you as the mold.

Typically these are much less structured than a British suit; the fabrics are lighter, the canvassing (in between layers) softer, even the linings are done away with where possible. They basically mirror the societies via suiting - British is perceived as stuffy, proper, structured, where Neopolitan is laid back, effortlessly cool, maritime, and a little bit shruggy toward life.

Neopolitan suits have little to no shoulder structure, and often use the shoulder and stitching to show the handmade quality of the suit. They also typically have external patch pockets instead of flaps. Since they're hand sewn and tailored to the person, the sleeves will have functioning buttons.

Neopolitan influence can be found in many suits. Not many of us can afford a suit that starts at $4000 and goes way up from there. Mass production can bring *some of* those design elements to the rest of us, like the sleeve buttons - that feature and pick stitching (machine stitch made to look like hand stitch) have been adopted by nicer mass produced suiting to look like a custom made suit.

On a muscular guy like you, Neopolitan the features would likely look very good, as you don't need padding to make the shoulders appear larger. The closer the fabric follows your body, they more likely it will show off that you look good.

Wow....incredibly informative. Thank you, it will take me a minute to process this. But another question, you are also muscular as well as tall, why would you not prefer this Neapolitan style? I do think your suits look incredible from the ones I have seen here, but is it just a matter of liking one style over another? Are there pros and cons other than the obvious pricing difference?
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    c3z35j5p0m38.jpg

Whew, going a little Christian Grey here!

Sorry, keep crashing with nothing fashion related to add, Ill go away again.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    I'm lingering longingly.