Suits

Replies

• Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Mr_L33 wrote: »
    r "ok" looking guys allowed to post ? I have a few suits, and planning to get another. hmm

I'm no model, and they let me in. :bigsmile:

You've got some flair to you. You'll be welcomed. :flowerforyou:

That's the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me ! :D

From last week. Hugo x LV

rsvj77n23wws.jpeg
    eygo9ur8pcu8.jpeg
    wfcsbfdd4kge.jpeg

Theory x burberry

qo3ehpq1fk4u.jpeg
    ygth04oya1or.jpeg

Yes! This is what we need!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    r "ok" looking guys allowed to post ? I have a few suits, and planning to get another. hmm

Y'all both are excellent model material in my book.
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member

I agree. I have bought some very expensive suits in the past that never looked as good as I thought they should. Being really ignorant on the subject I thought the more money the better, but I have never learned the style on how to pull it off. These gentlemen do it well. Kind of wish for more commentary on it, along with pics. :)
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member

That's the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me ! :D

From last week. Hugo x LV

rsvj77n23wws.jpeg
    eygo9ur8pcu8.jpeg
    wfcsbfdd4kge.jpeg

Theory x burberry

qo3ehpq1fk4u.jpeg
    ygth04oya1or.jpeg

Smokin' hot :)
  • caiteh86
    caiteh86 Posts: 243 Member
    edited February 2018
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Rollo and Ragnar
    fjzbboekp5u8.jpg
    3964p4r8nfq3.jpg

Thank you for that @Vikka_V ... two of the hottest men in the galaxy.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    @_Deadman_Walking_ didn’t you just buy a suit?

As a matter of fact, I did. However, I don't look anything as good as Dwayne Johnson or Roman Reigns in it lol.

Uh let’s not be too hasty, you should post some pics and let us lust, I mean judge for ourselves

I’m not sure I have any... new phone :|
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    @_Deadman_Walking_ didn’t you just buy a suit?

As a matter of fact, I did. However, I don't look anything as good as Dwayne Johnson or Roman Reigns in it lol.

I beg to differ. Pretty please?

I’ll see what I can find
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    bojack3 wrote: »

I agree. I have bought some very expensive suits in the past that never looked as good as I thought they should. Being really ignorant on the subject I thought the more money the better, but I have never learned the style on how to pull it off. These gentlemen do it well. Kind of wish for more commentary on it, along with pics. :)

one thing I learned is that price of suits do not make the suit. the fit and cut against ur body is what matters the MOST!

my hugo boss suit was around 800, my theory was around 500. theory fits me WAY better than the hugo, and I wear it a lot more confidently. the way the theory is cut to fit my shoulders and cuff length and waist, was way better than the hugo ( even though its tailored )

honestly, even a cheap h and m suit for like100$, with the right fit, can look just as good as any expensive suit

im aiming for a calvin klein X suit next. I think its around 300 or less from the CK outlet. the fit on them is superb

Macy's Bar III slim suits have a good fit on them as well and are right around that price point. Sometimes under $200 if you catch them on sale. I can't find a picture of the navy one I had but I think I spent around $40 on alterations and it fit me better than any suit I've ever owned.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    bvp0vlqwrtv9.jpeg

Suited at sunrise, just for @Avocado_AS5. Lighting sucks, but such is the nature of keeping promises before changing clothes for work.

Suit is charcoal with light blue windowpane, again cheap but we'll tailored. Simple white shirt, solid state blue grenadine tie, chambray pocket square with a little slightly darker blue fleur-de-lis on it. The import of coordination, not match. The blue in the suit, the tie, and the pocket square are all different lighter shades on purpose; the human eye/brain likes non matching complimentary shades way more than exact matches when it comes to clothing.

The same is true of texture. There's a little weave in the shirt, a grenadine tie has some touchable texture to it, even the pocket square isn't flat and smooth silk on purpose. It's all subtle, but visually interesting in person without trying too hard or looking like a peacock. IMO, this is one of the ways you can dress classy but still let your date/better half be center stage.

This is a great picture!