Suits

Options

Replies

• Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    Tallawah_ wrote: »
    7p7o4z1zbhlu.jpg

An old favourite photo from my daughter's graduation day. The suit is a tailored Paul Smith. :smile:

Love it!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options

k4d7nfikv644.jpeg
    [/quote]

:kissing_smiling_eyes::naughty:
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    a402uki0tb8q.png

Looking good ;)
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    7p7o4z1zbhlu.jpg

An old favourite photo from my daughter's graduation day. The suit is a tailored Paul Smith. :smile:

*drool*
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    nc94fxdl8qel.jpeg
    kjdllgxewc5e.jpeg
    b6cobauemvy5.jpeg
    aqdgza1nsfrl.jpeg
    wrna77yrflei.jpeg
    iotv5fk00mja.jpeg
    rdkcr2yeutsa.jpeg

Yes! Thank you :love:
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options
    Can't believe there hasn't been a Tom Hardy post
  • ManBehindTheMask
    ManBehindTheMask Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    tamlou89 wrote: »
    nc94fxdl8qel.jpeg
    kjdllgxewc5e.jpeg
    b6cobauemvy5.jpeg
    aqdgza1nsfrl.jpeg
    wrna77yrflei.jpeg
    iotv5fk00mja.jpeg
    rdkcr2yeutsa.jpeg

That pic where your little one is peaking in the back :love:

Always stealing my thunder :heart:
    nc94fxdl8qel.jpeg
    kjdllgxewc5e.jpeg
    b6cobauemvy5.jpeg
    aqdgza1nsfrl.jpeg
    wrna77yrflei.jpeg
    iotv5fk00mja.jpeg
    rdkcr2yeutsa.jpeg

Yes! Thank you :love:

Thankyou :)
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    7p7o4z1zbhlu.jpg

Class Act
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    tamlou89 wrote: »
    ovyunx69l38x.jpeg
    32pp2s1al3nq.jpeg
    vcvhqmpe7m12.jpeg
    16zbdikc0md1.jpeg
    gb4evs6alxqx.jpeg
    k4d7nfikv644.jpeg

My my my
  • JustSomeJD
    JustSomeJD Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Picking up new suits next weekend. Tailoring is everything with a suit.
  • JustSomeJD
    Options
    I am about 20 lbs away from a suit...I actually have a couple, nothing special...but can't wear them, and and dont want to buy much that is very nice until leaner...as it wont fit later.

Looking forward to getting some nice clothes again by the end of the year. I need to take notes from this thread, as you guys look great!

I wear them for work so a sloppy fitting suit doesn’t work. A coworker who originally challenged me to lose weight recently told me I wasn’t looking as sharp due to my weight loss.
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    bojack3 wrote: »
    Mr_L33 wrote: »
    r "ok" looking guys allowed to post ? I have a few suits, and planning to get another. hmm

I'm no model, and they let me in. :bigsmile:

You've got some flair to you. You'll be welcomed. :flowerforyou:

Y'all both are excellent model material in my book.

I agree. I have bought some very expensive suits in the past that never looked as good as I thought they should. Being really ignorant on the subject I thought the more money the better, but I have never learned the style on how to pull it off. These gentlemen do it well. Kind of wish for more commentary on it, along with pics. :)

apwx3trikeb8.jpeg

Same suit as earlier. Picture is funny because the cropping makes my arms look really long. :laugh:

The biggest thing is good tailoring. FIT is king. Depending on your build and the cost of your suit, you may pay as much in alteration as you do on the suit...lots of guys can't stomach that. I routinely buy $200-350 suits and spend up to $150 or so in tailoring. I own a single $500 suit. I live in the middle states though, and we don't have tailoring available on every corner like a large metro does. I have a cheap tailor, she does hems, shortening of sleeves, and "simple" stuff I trust her with. The expensive tailor gets the jacket work. More on that below.

I'm a tall, thin, muscular guy. My chest measure is only 41 inches, but around my shoulders are 51, a 10 inch drop where the usual is under 7. Suits are sold by chest size, but what really matters is shoulder fit...and that's where most guys go wrong. They buy waaay too big. I have the opposite problem, I have to size up and then tailor down the chest and waist. That's hard to get right, hence the expensive tailor that I trust.

There are differences between cheap and expensive suits, and they matter, but an ill fitting thousand dollar suit loses to a tailored $200 suit every time.

For basics, I've spent a lot of time on dappered.com. The thing to do is start with the easy stuff to get right. That means build a closet adult garanimals style...lots of blues, grays, and browns. They always go together. Avoid black, use charcoal instead, as black works for only a handful of guys and it's tied to functionary/service/government work. You don't want to look like a waiter or the help at a classy event.

Get the fit right, keep your ties basic and muted - let the suit speak. Then branch out into textures or patterns.

That is a powerful look. Exactly how I would imagine suit to fit.
  • JustSomeJD
    Options
    One problem guys with big chest or shoulders have is that the suit will bunch at the base of the neck over the shoulders if it isn’t tailored properly. Almost every suit I have bought has had to be taken in a bit in the shoulders.