Do you exercise every day?

2

Replies

  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Before a recent injury I was doing something 6-7 days a week
    Mon, Wed, Fri 1hr weights then 1hr boxing with a group
    Tue/Thur gym cardio
    Saturday trail run with a friend- goal 5k
    Sunday there is a group that meets to hike once or twice a month that I would join and if they weren’t meeting I would just take my dog on a shorter hike. Sunday was also foam rolling and epsom bath day.

    Now that I broke my knee I do 15-30 minutes of seated workout at home every day just to keep the habit of working out while I recover
  • ponyosquid
    ponyosquid Posts: 18 Member
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    Before a recent injury I was doing something 6-7 days a week
    Mon, Wed, Fri 1hr weights then 1hr boxing with a group
    Tue/Thur gym cardio
    Saturday trail run with a friend- goal 5k
    Sunday there is a group that meets to hike once or twice a month that I would join and if they weren’t meeting I would just take my dog on a shorter hike. Sunday was also foam rolling and epsom bath day.

    Now that I broke my knee I do 15-30 minutes of seated workout at home every day just to keep the habit of working out while I recover

    Know them feels. Broken tib and fib, cartilage damage and a ruptured ACL; rehab was a *kitten*. Hope you have a speedy recovery and rehab isn't too hard!
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    ponyosquid wrote: »
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    Before a recent injury I was doing something 6-7 days a week
    Mon, Wed, Fri 1hr weights then 1hr boxing with a group
    Tue/Thur gym cardio
    Saturday trail run with a friend- goal 5k
    Sunday there is a group that meets to hike once or twice a month that I would join and if they weren’t meeting I would just take my dog on a shorter hike. Sunday was also foam rolling and epsom bath day.

    Now that I broke my knee I do 15-30 minutes of seated workout at home every day just to keep the habit of working out while I recover

    Know them feels. Broken tib and fib, cartilage damage and a ruptured ACL; rehab was a *kitten*. Hope you have a speedy recovery and rehab isn't too hard!

    Thank you!! It’s a lateral tibia plateau fracture from a swinging car door. Thursday I’ll get my MRI to determine if there is any additional damage. If there isn’t I’m looking at about 6 weeks in my brace but can get off crutches. If there is additional damage it will all depend on how much. I’m trying to stay patient until I find out but it is tough going from so much activity to almost none.

    I tore my meniscus same knee two years ago so I’m really hoping that there is no soft tissue damage with this new injury
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    I get some exercise everyday.
  • ponyosquid
    ponyosquid Posts: 18 Member
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    ponyosquid wrote: »
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    Before a recent injury I was doing something 6-7 days a week
    Mon, Wed, Fri 1hr weights then 1hr boxing with a group
    Tue/Thur gym cardio
    Saturday trail run with a friend- goal 5k
    Sunday there is a group that meets to hike once or twice a month that I would join and if they weren’t meeting I would just take my dog on a shorter hike. Sunday was also foam rolling and epsom bath day.

    Now that I broke my knee I do 15-30 minutes of seated workout at home every day just to keep the habit of working out while I recover

    Know them feels. Broken tib and fib, cartilage damage and a ruptured ACL; rehab was a *kitten*. Hope you have a speedy recovery and rehab isn't too hard!

    Thank you!! It’s a lateral tibia plateau fracture from a swinging car door. Thursday I’ll get my MRI to determine if there is any additional damage. If there isn’t I’m looking at about 6 weeks in my brace but can get off crutches. If there is additional damage it will all depend on how much. I’m trying to stay patient until I find out but it is tough going from so much activity to almost none.

    I tore my meniscus same knee two years ago so I’m really hoping that there is no soft tissue damage with this new injury

    Aww man, my heart goes out to you. I spent 10 months feeling heartbroken. The first month I couldn't stop sobbing as I was supposed to be competing and in the best shape of my life all to come to halt. Pizza was my only comfort, so props to you for sticking to your fitness and not falling down a well of self-pity and despair like I did!
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,084 Member
    edited February 2018
    I cycle to and from work and other places Mon - Fri. I work out in the gym 3 times per week. I walk once per weekend and sometimes in the week to create a larger deficit when losing fat...I do not exercise every day. But I am fairly active. Do not have a desk job.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    ponyosquid wrote: »
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    ponyosquid wrote: »
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    Before a recent injury I was doing something 6-7 days a week
    Mon, Wed, Fri 1hr weights then 1hr boxing with a group
    Tue/Thur gym cardio
    Saturday trail run with a friend- goal 5k
    Sunday there is a group that meets to hike once or twice a month that I would join and if they weren’t meeting I would just take my dog on a shorter hike. Sunday was also foam rolling and epsom bath day.

    Now that I broke my knee I do 15-30 minutes of seated workout at home every day just to keep the habit of working out while I recover

    Know them feels. Broken tib and fib, cartilage damage and a ruptured ACL; rehab was a *kitten*. Hope you have a speedy recovery and rehab isn't too hard!

    Thank you!! It’s a lateral tibia plateau fracture from a swinging car door. Thursday I’ll get my MRI to determine if there is any additional damage. If there isn’t I’m looking at about 6 weeks in my brace but can get off crutches. If there is additional damage it will all depend on how much. I’m trying to stay patient until I find out but it is tough going from so much activity to almost none.

    I tore my meniscus same knee two years ago so I’m really hoping that there is no soft tissue damage with this new injury

    Aww man, my heart goes out to you. I spent 10 months feeling heartbroken. The first month I couldn't stop sobbing as I was supposed to be competing and in the best shape of my life all to come to halt. Pizza was my only comfort, so props to you for sticking to your fitness and not falling down a well of self-pity and despair like I did!

    I ruined my deficit the first week and started to go there. I was pretty devastated. Week 2 now and I recommitted and am back on track- to the best of current ability
  • Kitty_1017
    Kitty_1017 Posts: 4 Member
    No I don't
  • ponyosquid
    ponyosquid Posts: 18 Member
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    ponyosquid wrote: »
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    ponyosquid wrote: »
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    Before a recent injury I was doing something 6-7 days a week
    Mon, Wed, Fri 1hr weights then 1hr boxing with a group
    Tue/Thur gym cardio
    Saturday trail run with a friend- goal 5k
    Sunday there is a group that meets to hike once or twice a month that I would join and if they weren’t meeting I would just take my dog on a shorter hike. Sunday was also foam rolling and epsom bath day.

    Now that I broke my knee I do 15-30 minutes of seated workout at home every day just to keep the habit of working out while I recover

    Know them feels. Broken tib and fib, cartilage damage and a ruptured ACL; rehab was a *kitten*. Hope you have a speedy recovery and rehab isn't too hard!

    Thank you!! It’s a lateral tibia plateau fracture from a swinging car door. Thursday I’ll get my MRI to determine if there is any additional damage. If there isn’t I’m looking at about 6 weeks in my brace but can get off crutches. If there is additional damage it will all depend on how much. I’m trying to stay patient until I find out but it is tough going from so much activity to almost none.

    I tore my meniscus same knee two years ago so I’m really hoping that there is no soft tissue damage with this new injury

    Aww man, my heart goes out to you. I spent 10 months feeling heartbroken. The first month I couldn't stop sobbing as I was supposed to be competing and in the best shape of my life all to come to halt. Pizza was my only comfort, so props to you for sticking to your fitness and not falling down a well of self-pity and despair like I did!

    I ruined my deficit the first week and started to go there. I was pretty devastated. Week 2 now and I recommitted and am back on track- to the best of current ability

    Good going sweetie! Think it's fair to go off the rails a bit when something screws up your plans so drastically like an injury. Well done for getting back on track so quickly! You got this!

    Oh yeah and good luck on your MRI results, I hope it's not a full rupture / tear or not requiring extensive reconstructive surgery. The leg brace ain't too bad but it was the muscle degradation I saw after the first 2 months that hit it home.. maybe if I was a bit more like you I could have fought against it and it wouldn't have been such an uphill battle to get my fitness back!
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    I'm currently working out every day and have been for quite a while, I have a PT session every weekday morning for 30min and I run at least a mile every day. I also take classes 6 days a week:
    Monday evening is barbell (like bodypump) and sometimes tabata
    Tues morning Zumba
    Tues evening insanity and boxercise
    Wed evening legs bums tums and zumba (have a stretching session early in the morning) plus 5km recovery run in day
    Thursday morning Bootcamp
    Thursday evening circuits
    Friday morning legs bums tums
    Friday afternoon 10.5km run
    Saturday morning bootcamp
    Saturday afternoon/evening rest with maybe a walk to keep the legs from getting too stiff
    Sunday morning every other week is my long run (17.5km this week) and the alternate week is 10.5km
    Sunday evening rest if long run otherwise cross training.

    Until recently I was lifting heavy 2-3x week but with marathon training in full swing that's taken a back burner.
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    I currently exercise 3 times a week. I've been trying my best to up it to 4 but between work and college I just don't get the chance to have an extra session
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,285 Member
    edited February 2018
    I exercise every day, but the exercise we're talking about is stuff that doesn't get my heartrate up there. I try to walk for 2 hours every day. If it's less than 90 minutes, I get on a fitness glider in my basement for 65 minutes. I break a sweat, but it doesn't elevate my heart to the point where I can't shout up to my husband if I remember I wanted to tell him something. Three days a week, I do a full-body strength training workout with lighter (depending on the exercises, anywhere from 3 to 17.5lb) dumbbells, and body-weight exercises which, takes me just under an hour and a half (not counting warmup and cool-down). So, I do exercise daily, but we're not talking strenuous/HIIT/etc.

    But we are talking active...
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Is 14000 steps a day average, considered active?
  • mmdsguy
    mmdsguy Posts: 15 Member
    I exercise Monday through Saturday. Sunday rest. Elliptical for 20 minutes, then light weight training based on a schedule rotation. When I travel, it's hard for me to find time and work out.
  • THeADHDTurnip
    THeADHDTurnip Posts: 413 Member
    3x a week. I go 85%+ 1rm so I need the rest days.
    Once in a while I'll do some HiiT on off days.

    Today I assembled an IKEA children's bed so I'll count that as cardio. :o
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,000 Member
    I work out 7 days a week but it varies. 3 days lifting, 2 days running, the others biking or swimming. Problem is even though I can keep it up with only the occasional rest day, I'm realizing I am impeding my progress without more regular rest days since recovery time is when your body builds up muscle.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 46,816 Member
    I do cardio everyday, and usually one body part. Since I'm not trying to build any extra strength nor looking to get any bigger, my lifting is done with moderate weights and I concentrate on the form. With 4 exercises per body part, I'm spending about 30 minutes a day training each body part. Cardio varies. I'll run/jog, ride my bike, and when I can kickbox.

    A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

    9285851.png
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 22,190 Member
    Do you exercise every day?

    Yep ... unless I'm not well.

    But I do a variety of things. I don't lock myself into two things.

    So some days might be a 2 km walk.
    Other days might include several flights of stairs ... and the walk.
    Some days will include short bicycle rides.
    Other days will include long bicycle rides ... like yesterday's 200 km.
    Some I'll do weights.
    Other days we might use the treadmill and rowing machine.
  • marym6066
    marym6066 Posts: 24 Member

    [/quote]
    Does it always have to be the exercise bike? Sounds like you don't enjoy it and based on my experience with stationary bike you're only looking at burning 120-170 calories max and probably on the lower scale if you're not enjoying it. Since you're a stay at home Mama there are plenty of fun fitness videos on youtube, do some research and look for one you think seems like fun and replace the 20 mins of boring bike with maybe a Zumba or a low impact cardio? Check out FitnessBlenders videos on youtube, they're a great starting point for building exercise endurance - also, you'll be working your whole body and not just your lower half.

    You got this girl, you just need to find something that fits you ;)[/quote]

    I actually really enjoy the biking in any form..I put on some fast music and keep pace with it, so I generally burn 200-400 according to my Fitbit, and depending on how long I do it. Im planning on getting a new mountain bike and some sort of child carrier when this snow melts. When I lost 50 lbs a few years ago ( before breaking my collar bone in a bicycle accident and then getting pregnant with my youngest) I did basically the same I'm doing now, plus long outdoor cycling sessions. I'm looking forward to warm weather. I will be doing a ton of hiking and biking.