Vitamins

Options
Hi,
I'd like to be able to add vitamin supplements to my food diary but many are not listed..eg. vitamin d.
Thanks

Replies

• OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Even if your pill was listed, as wonderful as MFP is, the database is unreliable for micronutrients. Just my opinion but that's the reason I use another platform for the food diary and only enter total daily calories into MFP.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Plus some vitamins have actual calories, especially those that have a sweet taste.
  • CaptainJoy
    CaptainJoy Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Just discovered that you can not add it through the food/database tab. You need to go to your food diary, click on Add food for the meal you're taking the vitamin, type vitamin d in the Search our database box, scroll down past the milk entries until you find a vitamin that matches the mg and type you want to add. Click on the link and look at the box on the right. You can click the nutritional information button to make sure it's the right vitamin. Then click add food to diary. If the exact brand is not listed you can add yours or find one that matches what's on yours and use it.