help!! need to lose 3 stone

Options
hi,
my names claudia, really need some help and support losing weight.
its really effecting my self-esteem. I need to lose 3 stone to feel happy within myself.
I have gained a lot of weight over the last 2 years and I need a change

if anyone has an motivational tips and advise that would be appreciated :)
asking for a friend :)

note -
5ft 3
13 and half stone

claudia xxx

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Log your food intake in your food diary, and hit your calorie target every day.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    • Set yourself a reasonable rate of loss
    • Start logging accurately (food scale if possible) and see what your normal intake is for a couple of days
    • Review those days to get an idea of where you're taking in extra calories
    • Start aiming for your calorie allowance by making small changes.
    • Eat foods you like but moderate higher calorie foods
    • Try and increase your overall activity
  • claudiaedewis1
    claudiaedewis1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thank you so much I will try my best!!
  • Abio91
    Abio91 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I have 5"1 and and weigh just over 11 stone. I never been this big, naturally i am quite petite. My fiance has recently not exactly but basically told me he doesn't fancy me anymore as well, which as you can imagine has really hit me hard. I have started religiously tracking my food intake but i know i need to exercise as well but just cant find the motivation.
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I feel your pain! I have 5"1 and and weigh just over 11 stone. I never been this big, naturally i am quite petite. My fiance has recently not exactly but basically told me he doesn't fancy me anymore as well, which as you can imagine has really hit me hard. I have started religiously tracking my food intake but i know i need to exercise as well but just cant find the motivation.

You don't need to exercise to lose weight, although it does help if you're petite in increasing your calorie deficit, because otherwise you're limited to fairly slow weight loss.

Try just becoming more active in your home/work life, take steps instead of the lift, if you drive park further back in the car park, limit time spent on the sofa, get out on an active date with your fella. All the little things add up!
  • Abio91
    Abio91 Posts: 5 Member
    Options

You don't need to exercise to lose weight, although it does help if you're petite in increasing your calorie deficit, because otherwise you're limited to fairly slow weight loss.

Try just becoming more active in your home/work life, take steps instead of the lift, if you drive park further back in the car park, limit time spent on the sofa, get out on an active date with your fella. All the little things add up!

Thank you! I do tend to take the stairs more often then the lift or escalators. thank you for the support!!
  • sabrinamsmithca
    sabrinamsmithca Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Abio91 wrote: »

Thank you! I do tend to take the stairs more often then the lift or escalators. thank you for the support!!

While I agree that exercise is only "20%" or less of the weight loss game, please don't forget that exercise is extremely important in maintaining weight once you get down to your goal weight, in maintaining muscle mass (when you are losing weight you are losing muscle as well, and if you lose a lot of weight you can lose some heart muscle), and in an overall sense of health and wellness. I cannot stress how important exercise has been to me in keeping with my goals, I think you may find that it helps you a lot too! Best of luck <3
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited February 2018
    Options

Abio91 wrote: »

While I agree that exercise is only "20%" or less of the weight loss game, please don't forget that exercise is extremely important in maintaining weight once you get down to your goal weight, in maintaining muscle mass (when you are losing weight you are losing muscle as well, and if you lose a lot of weight you can lose some heart muscle), and in an overall sense of health and wellness. I cannot stress how important exercise has been to me in keeping with my goals, I think you may find that it helps you a lot too! Best of luck <3

I agree it's important for health and wellbeing, but there are plenty of people who lose weight and maintain without doing any intentional exercise at all, you only have to browse the success boards to know that. You aren't going to be losing muscle from your vital organs unless you are losing weight far too fast and in an unsafe way.