Gaining weight why ??

Options
Been sticking to calories and macros. Exercising but not losing weight just gaining :(

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,509 Member
    Options
    First of all, do open up your diary for a few days so people can see if there's something wrong and comment on it. It's somewhere in the settings.
  • Ziggy2875
    Ziggy2875 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    More info is needed. How long have you been sticking to your calories? What is your weight and height? When did u start exercising? Etc
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    How much weight have you gained and over how long of a period?

How long have you been counting calories?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    There's your answer - two weeks is not enough time...keep going and have patience.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Started doing it again for two weeks now. I weigh 10st 6 and am 5ft 5. (Size 12). I stick to 1200 calories a day. Do 80 mins walking mon- Friday, while pushing two 3 year olds in a buggy. Also do 2 body combat classes a week and ab blast every week. But do you tube exercise videos in between if I get time

How are you counting your calories? Are you weighing everything?
  • lisajames925
    lisajames925 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Just looked I m sticking to 50 carbs 30 protein and 20 fat
  • aeloine
    Options
    Thanks. Just looked I m sticking to 50 carbs 30 protein and 20 fat

Not sure that this was ever asked.

Are you weighing your food on a food scale?
  • lisajames925
    Options
    Yes I weigh everything and scan the bar codes on products
  • aeloine
    Options
    Yes I weigh everything and scan the bar codes on products

You need to look into weighing the products you're scanning. The labels are allowed to be off by as much as 10% ( I believe. Could very well be more). Weigh all pre-packaged and solid foods, use measuring cups for all liquids, check back after three weeks.
  • lisajames925
    Options
    Thanks. I was doing slimming world but felt like I wanted to eat more because I could
  • lisajames925
    Options
    Today diary of food :
    Breakfast - porridge and semi milk with chopped banana
    Lunch - whole meal wrap with ham salad as filling and reduced fat homous, mango
    Tea- chicken breast, mashed swede and carrot, sweet corn
    Snack - Apple
    Exercise - 60 mins body combat 30 mins ab blast 80 mins walking
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Today diary of food :
    Breakfast - porridge and semi milk with chopped banana
    Lunch - whole meal wrap with ham salad as filling and reduced fat homous, mango
    Tea- chicken breast, mashed swede and carrot, sweet corn
    Snack - Apple
    Exercise - 60 mins body combat 30 mins ab blast 80 mins walking

ok this says what you had but not how much of it you ate. how much was the porridge? how much milk? banana? and food labels can be off by up to 20% and even the entries in mfp you scan can be wrong. no matter how much exercise you do if you are not in a deficit you will not lose weight. if you are gaining its because you are either eating more food than you are burning, retaining water from the exercise, retaining waste or a combo of everything.
  • lisajames925
    Options
    Yes all was weighed. Chicken cooked in oven with no fat added. 30g porridge weighed, milk measured in jug. Apple was kids sized and weighed . Scanned the wrap and checked calories on packet to