Best Brand Dark Chocolate?!

Options

Replies

• MiladyMetal
    MiladyMetal Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Green and blacks. They do a whole bunch of flavours - Mayan, extra dark, chocolate with pieces of cherry or ginger in... Delicious! It's located with the organic/ natural produce in my local store :)
    The ginger one sounds interesting, and I could definitely go for a mint flavored one! hells yeah! :wink:
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Ritter with whole hazelnuts! Yum
  • MiladyMetal
    Options
    OH God every time I think of hazelnuts and chocolate I think of Nutella! My weakness. LOL
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I love Trader Joe's Pound Plus 72% dark. YUM.
  • MJStory
    MJStory Posts: 42
    Options
    Hershey's Special Dark Sugar Free Chocolate is the best!! It has Maltilol & Polydextrose as sweeteners (sugar alcohols), and also has all of the regular fat & protein contents that any other chocolate would have. Watch out for the amount that you consume in one day, as some people can have a reaction that causes gas, cramping, and/or diarrhea. To keep myself out of wolfing them all down, I freeze the package & take out one at a time to thaw. I found mine at CVS Pharmacy, but probably would be available at a variety of other stores, as well. I hope this helps! MJStory
  • Dhrana
    Dhrana Posts: 4
    Options
    Ok so I am no good in this catagory as I love ALL dark chocolate.. Ferrero ronoirs are my downfall. They have been banned from my house for now..lol
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    lindt 85% cocoa is great for you
  • writinmama
    Options
    I love Lindt Dark Chocolate Truffles....I could eat an entire bag if I wasn't careful. I keep a bag in the freezer for those desperate moments.:ohwell:
  • dawnmichelea
    dawnmichelea Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I think I'll buy several and do a taste test! In moderation, over several days of course!
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    lindt 85% cocoa is great for you

^
    I love this one!!
  • jagoochie
    jagoochie Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    now i fancy some dark chocolate!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Lindt - any of their dark chocolates are good, though the 85% is a bit strong for me.
    The dark choc with chili is great, so is the sea salt one. I'm not a fan of their Blueberry intense - it just tasted like almonds to me, definitley no blueberry flavour that I could pick.

I've had the Dove dark squares but I think they are just sweet and well... dull. Lindt has a much finer texture

If you every see Whittakers dark chocolate, do yourself a favour and don't buy it!

(Scary that I know so much about dark chocolate!!)
  • MummaSue
    MummaSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Just love dark chocolate - 70% and above ideally, Green & Blacks Mayan Gold (?) is my favourite I think - gently spiced orange just rounds the bitterness of the chocolate (Co-op Orange & Spice Fairtrade dark chocolate - no % given - is a reasonable substitute) But whatever chocolate takes your fancy a friend suggested breaking it up into its squares and pop it into a storage container and keep it in the freezer, makes it last longer as it slowly melts in your mouth and it's out of sight, not sitting there beckoning/calling to you every time you go to the cupboard/fridge!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I have also heard that a little bit of salt brings out the flavor. I wonder if that is actually factual though.

Ghiradelli makes a dark chocolate with almond and sea salt that is AH-mazing.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Endangered Species brand. My favorite is Black Panther - 88%. Not for everyone. The less sugar, fat and salt you eat, the more you taste the actual food - so you're more likely to enjoy really dark chocolate if you eat pretty cleanly.
    I have also heard that a little bit of salt brings out the flavor. I wonder if that is actually factual though.

That is true - a true indulgence for me is salted dark chocolate or salted dark chocolate with almonds - but I try to stick to super dark because two squares are immensely satisfying. I was referring to just general salt in your diet. Of course we need some, but too much salt just makes you want more - especially because a person becomes used to food tasting salty, and then plain or herb seasoned food doesn't taste good to them.
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I like Lindt, which is around 62%. Ghiradelli has something like 86% cacao.
  • MiladyMetal
    Options
    Ok so I am no good in this catagory as I love ALL dark chocolate.. Ferrero ronoirs are my downfall. They have been banned from my house for now..lol
    LOL girl I have banned a lot of things from my house to for now. I feel your pain! ;p
  • MiladyMetal
    Options
    Endangered Species brand. My favorite is Black Panther - 88%. Not for everyone. The less sugar, fat and salt you eat, the more you taste the actual food - so you're more likely to enjoy really dark chocolate if you eat pretty cleanly.

That is true - a true indulgence for me is salted dark chocolate or salted dark chocolate with almonds - but I try to stick to super dark because two squares are immensely satisfying. I was referring to just general salt in your diet. Of course we need some, but too much salt just makes you want more - especially because a person becomes used to food tasting salty, and then plain or herb seasoned food doesn't taste good to them.
    Hun you had me at almonds! XD I kind of figured you meant that but wasn't sure. I try to half my daily amount of salt than what is my target on here.
  • MiladyMetal
    Options

Ghiradelli makes a dark chocolate with almond and sea salt that is AH-mazing.
    oh oh I will not walk but run my *kitten* to the store for that and hey look I get a workout in before I devour it. ;p
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's has some dark chocolate bars that are 100 calories. They are good and 100 Calories seems like the perfect treat. I have always preferred dark chocolate to milk....on of my good habits I guess :)

I like Giradelli, 70 %. I tried the 80% (I think it was 80%), but it wasn't for me. A little too bitter!