Concurring the tredmill

Last week when I started working out i couldn't go past 2.0 on the speed today 3.5 is the highest i can go. I tryed to do 2.5 on a 10% incline for 10 min but only could do 3 min.

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Keep attacking that. Your body is amazing and the two of you will conquer it.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    You are off to a great start. Pace yourself and build up gradually. Keep a log of what you do each time, so in 6 months you can look back and see your progress.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    I concur - you can conquer the treadmill. :+1:

Oooooh, I see!!! :laugh:
  • THeADHDTurnip
    THeADHDTurnip Posts: 413 Member
    Thats fine, do what you can do ATM.
    Consistency is king.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Don't worry about speed just focus on time for now. Speed comes with time. So try to run for 30 or 60 second spurts at whatever pace is good for you, walk for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, run again for another minute, repeat for like 20 minutes or so total time. Add in a 5 minute warm up walk in the beginning and another 5 minute cool down walk at the end and you have yourself a training plan!

Do NOT worry about how fast you are or aren't going or compare yourself to others. I go relatively slow when I run on the treadmill too but that's where I'm comfortable without hurting myself so the other "sprinters" can keep on doing their thing, for me slow and steady works!
  • oilphins
    oilphins Posts: 240 Member
    edited February 2018
    Don't worry about speed just focus on time for now. Speed comes with time. So try to run for 30 or 60 second spurts at whatever pace is good for you, walk for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, run again for another minute, repeat for like 20 minutes or so total time. Add in a 5 minute warm up walk in the beginning and another 5 minute cool down walk at the end and you have yourself a training plan!

Do NOT worry about how fast you are or aren't going or compare yourself to others. I go relatively slow when I run on the treadmill too but that's where I'm comfortable without hurting myself so the other "sprinters" can keep on doing their thing, for me slow and steady works!

I agree 100% with this. A lot of beginners do this to get faster eventually when they're ready. When I first started running, I would run a few k, then rest about 2 minutes, then run again until eventually got to the point where I am now doing half marathons. It takes time and don't rush into it to be faster. That will come the more you train. Keep it up.