Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• ulala424
    ulala424 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and this is my second time here. Looking to lose a total of 90 lbs. and keep it off this time with lots of encouragement! Feel free to add me!
  • BeauChalmers9
    BeauChalmers9 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I’m late 40’s, 46 and I find it really hard to lose weight! Anyone welcome to add me x
  • tura_78
    tura_78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi ..i just turn 40 on 13 february..just like moat of the members here..i would like to lose around 20 kg..how do i add members here to be in my friend list..hope we can motivate each other here..tq..
  • 1fitwong
    1fitwong Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    So glad to be in such great company!! :)
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    41 here! Need to lose about 50. Add me!
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    43, UK based, weightlifting fan (premature menopause)...I eat more than most, because I do not have a desk job...walk, cycle, swim and sometimes run (the knees won't allow me much nowadays)...add me if you want more middle aged fitness pals! Oh I have around 30-35 lbs to lose still...
  • ckh825
    ckh825 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone my name is Christy. I am 40, soon to be 41. I have a bit more weight to lose, closer to 140. I lose 100lbs a few years ago and I have gained most of it back. This time it seems to be a little harder. So I have added some vitamins to my daily routine. What are you doing differently this time around, from when you was younger ( if you have done this before) . Would love some more friends for support and just to bounce extra ideas off of.
    40 and fabulous
    We got this
    Thanks for your time
  • The_Ta
    The_Ta Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I’m 43, breast cancer survivor, and always looking to interact with others looking to make positive changes. I’m already down 30 lbs since mid-Sept, but I’ve sort of stalled over the last few weeks because I ran myself down, but I need to tighten up my logging now. I think some of it had to do with my new Fitbit adjusting to my activity level. I don’t have a set goal weight per se, but I think another 30 lbs (I’m 5’6 and 196) would be realistic.

I am also looking for fitbitters because those challenges keep me going.

Add me if you’d like

Or should we start our own group?
  • sdostu
    sdostu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh - and I forgot to add the Menopause Fairy has my number... which isn't really helping.

Anyone else in this boat? As if keeping things going in your 40s wasn't tough enough! Any hints appreciated...
  • TheMothership71
    TheMothership71 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Isn’t there a way to start our own group. Many of you have friend requested me and I am so happy for that. However, it seems if we had a group to meet in that might be helpful. Thoughts??
  • suzyjmcd2
    suzyjmcd2 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Some did start a group for us 40-somethings. It's called "Fit n' Fierce Over 40." Search it in groups and join us!
  • fabkarma
    fabkarma Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @FedUpApple71 - I've been thinking the same thing... While I can't stand most of the menopause health material I see (just irritating, condescending), must face facts that my metabolism is clearly changing gears
  • TheOpiewan77
    TheOpiewan77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Turned 40 in November, feel free to add me
  • sharunza
    sharunza Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Recently turned 44. I’d ultimately like to lose 15 pounds, but I’d be very satisfied with losing 5 in the next 3-4 months. I’m 4’ 11”, so 5 pounds is a lot!
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    42 tomorrow and can’t kill the last 15 to save my soul!