The struggle is real

Options
Hello everyone. I have been on WW for a while, but I have been out of control mostly. I used to be diabetic, but control it with diet and exercise. (So far) I started low carb again yesterday. I had the best control of my diabetes when doing that in the past. I do better when I just stay away from carbs. The more I have (or am allowed), the more I spiral out of control it seems.

I am going to go with “if it had a life, it’s okay to eat it.” I’m almost 48 years old. I really need to get on the right track if I want any enjoyment in my later years. I lost 190 pounds back in 2012-2013 and maintained it through 2014, but I have gained about 75-80 pounds back. I was counting calories and eating low carb and felt the best I had ever felt in my life. I walked 5-6 days a week for an hour too. Not feeling so good anymore. I’m determined to get it back.

Replies

• hypodonthaveme
    hypodonthaveme Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    190lb loss in 2012-2013 is incredible. If you did it once you can do it again. Log all food. Throw in some exercise for fitness and mental health and watch those 80 lbs come right back off. The only way you won't reach your goals is if you quit. You have been down this road before. You know what it takes. All you have to do now is do the same thing you did last time. Keep your eyes on the goals not the scale.