Home workout

Options
My Journey of weight loss has been a yoyo for years. I am doing really well so far.
January 1 2018 I was 188 lbs my Current weigh is 169lbs.
I am pretty happy with my results.
I have been clean eating and drinking 2.2 L of water everyday and doing basic workout 10 minutes every day.
I have 3 kids under 7 years old and they are all csection Baby. YAH for the pouch!
I can't afford to go to the Gym. I am going on a trip June 30. I really want to tone using free weights.

What is the best way to start or program that is free.

Thank you

Replies

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I really like fitnessblender.com for my home workouts!
  • kiki_2289
    kiki_2289 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you! it is exactly what I was looking for.

• rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    If you're looking to tone Strong Curves might be a good at-home workout for you! It has 4 programs - I'm currently running the bodyweight program at home, but there have been others who have run some of the other programs at home as well with fantastic results. The book is fairly cheap on Amazon, or you can find free pdf versions of the workout online.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I started with 30 day shred and then progressed to trying all of the videos my library had to offer. I found The Firm and Denise Austin, and now can even find T25 and PiYo (for free!) I workout every morning to some sort of video. ExerciseTv has some good ones online too.
  • haavey
    haavey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Dailyburn.com not free but there is a 30 day free trial.
  • CatKin76
    CatKin76 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi there are some great kettle bell work outs on you tube, an 8 minute one I did is brilliant you can feel it really works the next day :) I have a exercise bike at home, dumbbells, yoga mat, stretch bands, and ab cruncher thing, roller... loads you can do at home and then a good 1-2 mike run works wonders too :)
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Good for your weight loss, you’re doing great! I’m using Just Dance at home and today did 3 hours+ of a workout & and burned off over 1k in cals.
  • genpopadopolous
    genpopadopolous Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I second the FitnessBlender suggestion! It's almost all I use.

I do also follow fitness accounts on Instagram and will write down any free stuff they share- keeps me from getting bored!
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I second the FitnessBlender suggestion! It's almost all I use.

I do also follow fitness accounts on Instagram and will write down any free stuff they share- keeps me from getting bored!

I third the Fitness Blender endorsement. I actually just bought a program from them this morning for like $9.99. I've been using their free videos off and on for a long time, figured I should start using a plan and give them some funds since I've been using them for free for so long. I think it was a 4 week program but I can always do it over again a few times. Still much cheaper than joining a gym!

There are free/inexpensive plans to be had all over the place. Find one that you like and go get after it! Good luck!
  • kiki_2289
    kiki_2289 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I have been doing Fitness blender for 2 days now! It is so good!
    I am very sore but it is working. I really like that you can choose the target.
    I am not a person who likes to do 1 hour video.. I find it boring and with kids running around me it is really hard but 10 to 15 minutes one are great! I also try to run around my island in the kitchen for 10 minutes every day. It get my steps in. I love the energy I am getting. My only thing is my Csection area hurts when I workout abs. I think it will take awhile before It stop hurting.