I just want to give up

Options
lovelife409
lovelife409 Posts: 31 Member
edited February 2018 in Fitness and Exercise
I brought a sexy outfit to atleast make me feel more womanly being I didn’t have anyone for VDay I just wanted to treat myself but it seems no matter how strict I am I’ve followed everything fitnesspal has recommended as far as my calorie intake and I work out 6 days a week but yet I still have my flabby loose skin belly and bird arms ready to fly away and from all this lifting my boobs have completely shrunk that I have to stuff them I was a 38D now I’m a B.

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Keep logging and working out, things will improve.

Cheers, h.
  • MileHighFitness
    MileHighFitness Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Love.. progress will come
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I brought a sexy outfit to atleast make me feel more womanly being I didn’t have anyone for VDay I just wanted to treat myself but it seems no matter how strict I am I’ve followed everything fitnesspal has recommended as far as my calorie intake and I work out 6 days a week but yet I still have my flabby loose skin belly and bird arms ready to fly away and from all this lifting my boobs have completely shrunk that I have to stuff them I was a 38D now I’m a B.

where do you have a flabby loose skin belly? I dont see it. and the lifting didnt make your boobs shrink,losing weight did. it happens to many women. it takes time to lose fat in the belly area for a lot of women and the skin can take awhile to bounce back. when you say you are strict,what do you mean by strict?
  • BitofaState
    BitofaState Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Your skin will take time to tighten back up, much longer than the weight loss (you'll still be seeing benefits up to two years later!) so patience will be rewarded.

Treat yourself to a good skin moisturizer, slather on the coconut oil, whatever helps to maintain the skin hydration that will help it recover.

Also stop looking for your flaws and start looking at your successes. You look good in that picture, you keep at it and things will only get better. look for the tone and definition, feel how much better it is to have that muscle.

Oh and anything more than a handful is a waste. ;-)

Don't give up!
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options

Aww don’t give up!! Also re: Valentine’s Day, I didn’t even MEET my husband till I was 41! Sometimes it takes a LONG time to meet someone! The boobs shrinking imho is great, seriously. They’re no longer in the way. Mine are still 40J. I wish I were a B they would not get in the way & I’d be able to tie my shoelaces, which I can’t now. Yes they get in the way.

Anyway, everything will be ok you’ll see! Friend me if you wish! Have a nice evening!

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Judging by the photo, and those you posted before, you are probably being a little hard on yourself. Skin will tighten a bit overtime but depending on the amount of weight loss and genetics you will have some that never will because you will have stretched the dermis and once that stretches it never full returns to it's old form.

However, your health is much more of a concern than a bit of lose skin. There are a lot of people here who have lost a lot of weight and have a bit of extra skin and you wouldn't know it. Just keep going and remember that you are doing this for your quality of life more than anything else.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    You look good in the picture - You said you are working out - what are you doing? Are you lifting weights? Eastcoast Jim
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    You look to be close to goal, changes will be slow especially if you are maintaining/recomping (which is what I remember you are trying to do, correct me if I'm wrong). You don't have to be strict, just be consistent over time.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,992 Member
    Options
    I like the outfit.

I think you are being way too critical of yourself - you already look great, just keep it going and keep doing your weights.

If you start telling yourself a different story you'll start seeing that beautiful woman in the mirror. :)
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful. Keeping on track will only make you more so.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    The one way to be sure the changes you seek never happen is giving up.
  • R1rainbows
    R1rainbows Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You look great to me :) step one: never give up! We are our own worst enemies!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    valentines does that to a lot of people. it's like some artificial deadline that gets under people's skin and makes them feel like there's some test that they've failed.
    don't know if this will make you feel better, but every year that i was 'with' someone valentine's day was a horror story. [and actually it was the guys who seemed to get triggered by it for some reason :p] iyam more fights break out . . . it's an expectations-and-issues death zone.

but it's only one day per year and then normal life comes back. so just hang in and keep doing what you're doing.
  • Adaro666
    Adaro666 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey, your a very good looking lady! Stay the course and you'll definitely reach your goal. Maybe it will take some time but you're not in hurry are you. Dropping weight is a story of up and downs but always think what you have achieved so far. I wish you all the best
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Are you trolling us? Cuz I thought you looked good in that pic! From your description, I was expecting "bird" arms, "flabby belly" skin and "shrunken boobs" and I didn't see anything like that. <3
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    The bit in the middle of weightloss is always the worse I find ... you loose the fat thats keeping you taught and you loose it from the parts of your body that you really dont want to.

Its just as hard for me, we go from being normal looking to suddenly having tiny legs and arms, but with still a belly, man boobs a double chin and general soft flabbyness. ... And to be honest, we looked better before wwe started to cut ...... This middle stage doesnt last long though, your skin catches up, the weight comes off the belly and the love handles and the looks return.

All that said though .... your picture is fine ... you are fine !!!