Lost 15 lbs- now I’m HOT all the time

Options
Has this happened to you? Since I dropped the first 15, I just always feel so hot and sweaty all the time. No fever, just feeling warm. Is that normal during periods of weight loss?

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,866 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    No, it is not based on what most people seem to report. The more usual symptom as your body reacts to a lower caloric intake is usually the opposite (i.e. feeling cold).

Have you perhaps increased your daily activity recently?
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Can't speak for anyone else, but I have the opposite problem. I haven't lost that much fat (some as I'm recomping right now) and being more cold is a noticeable issue for me.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Jealous! I've been freezing since losing weight. :(
  • klr1981
    klr1981 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I’d rather be cold than a sweaty beast!
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much always boiling too. I've lost 150lb and I'm hypothyroid but always red faced and too warm
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    There have been some nights when I awoke very sweaty. I still haven't figured out why.
  • peggy_polenta
    peggy_polenta Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    i am always freezing...always...however i notice that b4 a whoosh, i go thru periods of hot flashes or nite sweats till the whoosh happens. i have heard the same from others.
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am menopausal so I swing quickly from hot to cold. Usually when I lose weight though I get cold more often.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,716 Member
    Options
    Weight loss didn't make me colder this time (it did when I lost a good bit of weight a million years ago, in my 20s). It didn't make me hotter overall/always this time, either, but I have noticed that an over-maintenance eating day now is more likely to leave me over-warm than it used to.

Are you more active than you used to be pre-weight-loss, either exercise or daily life activity? I could see that potentially making a little difference.