I'm on day 4 and would like to make a friend to encourage and be accountable to one another!

Options
[/i][/i] I am 24 lbs heavier than I need to be and of course I'd like to be smaller than that. I am just restricting my food as I'll be having surgery 3/14 but I KNOW that to simply lose, it's cut the calories, so if you're on board with me, please write me back! I started 4 days ago and lost 4 lbs already but my goal to be honest is to lose 4 lbs a month which I believe I can do. My daughter is getting married in August and I haven't even ordered dress yet - but I will in April and should be 8 - 10 lbs lighter! Slow and easy WINS the race - thanks, Yana

Replies

• niamhmckiernan
    niamhmckiernan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am from Northern Ireland actually. Yeah 1 stone is 14 pounds so i do have 28lb to lose. I am aiming 1,800 for now but will drop it next week. I am actually 22 but I am 23 on sunday. So this weekend will be full of partying lol. My name is Niamh.
  • akiraherr
    akiraherr Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm on day 3 and August is also one of my goals or a milestone:) my best friend since kindergarten is getting married and I also still need to order a dress, I just hope I'll have lost a decent amount by then. let's cheer each other on!:D my name is Cheridan <3
  • jessicacampbell963434
    Options
    Ok, I'm in, I just joined today.My name is Jessica, I'm 37 from Pennsylvania. I would love to lose 40 lbs overall but, if I could lose 25 lbs by the end of June, that would be a huge step. My daily calorie count is 1550 in order to lose. so let's stick together and do this, ladies!
  • born2beslim
    born2beslim Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, Been going to WW for 6 months. Now I'm going up and down 2 pounds every week. I thought I would try counting calories. today is my first day of counting. I go to my WW meetings on Tuesday.. Nice to meet you all.
  • OhSaraahhh
    OhSaraahhh Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I'd love to join the party! Really excited this time around and feel I have the right kind of plan in place. Just looking for something buddies to succeed with
  • Momstyle
    Momstyle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey there! So glad I found you all. I'm 60 and 160 lbs. Yana you are so right about the carbs for sure - and at 60 this is super hard. I work full time in front of my computer and commute (round trip) 1.5 hours a day... that's a lot of sitting time. I do the stairmaster 4x a week and walk the dog(s) when I can, but it really is about everything I snack on all day!. Need help with healthy snacks that I can have at work. Looking forward to supporting and being supportive! DAY 1... goal to be 125.
  • ysache13
    ysache13 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I realized I can "click" each button and figure this site out and revisit (omg, my daughter laughed at me) but hey, I'm never at computers because I'm a flight attendant and I use to run around all day long, but my life has changed these past few years as I'm having feet surgery from all that standing (plantar fascitis) and on the 14th I'm doing right foot (did left) which is NOT fully healed yet (from last June) so I'm really staying in the ZONE (mentally) and if I can share anything with everyone it's this one truth (the battle IS in our minds) - period! I know it's what we eat as far as weight loss, gain, maintaining, etc., and though it's always great to workout for our bodies I don't believe it's the answer for weight loss as I've lost more than most people. I not only yo-yo'd my entire life like most, I'm one of the fewer who yo'yo'd to extreme (was just shy of 300 lbs at one point in my 40's from depression) so trust me when I say, even though I'll be flat on my back with a cast on my foot for 6 weeks it is NOT something for me to worry over at all! If I keep my calories around 1,000 a day, I'm good! I'm just happy I didn't get on the scale today but I also wrote a mini goal page for myself and my hope is to lose 4 lbs a month which I know sounds little but remember the closer to goal, the harder it comes off so then I also looked at 3 lbs a month (all leading up to my daughters wedding the end of Aug) and either way, it looks GREAT, in fact, I started last Sunday at 187 (yikes) and my goal was to be at 182 by end of Feb and I hit that yesterday and I've been sitting with no exercise but have done GREAT with calorie intake and I do NOT take away anything I want period - I can't do "diet head" if you know what I mean - but I can do calorie and this site makes it so easy to be honest about every little thing I put in my mouth and I add EVERY LITTLE THING - I'd love to hear what others are actually doing! I love sharing and this is so exciting! My biggest worry is getting a dress for her wedding knowing I will NOT be able to get out of the house for months so I'm relying on the internet to buy one and that's scary but I found one I like actually on Amazon - now that's scary, LOL Please continue to share!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    So I typed a long response then my internet bleeped due to rain! Rrrrr. Will try again. I am on my phone as I am walking a path in my house to get in my steps. So bear with me as I may do this in a couple of posts.
    First, the scales....they actually can be helpful for you according to a lot of studies. I realize there are many personalities, but weighing daily helps me. I only log once a week. If my scale is up then I know that something didn't happen the day before. (Side note- I now have two giant road blocks to step over as my dogs are laying in my walkway)(German shepherd and a Pyrenees) Usually that means I ate too much salt and didn't drink enough water. Sometimes I just didn't move enough. Determine what works for you and use it. Every body is different!

Kymarai
  • kymarai
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Part 2
    I read on a post on MFP to think of your body like a car. If you overfill it with gas, it spills over. If you run it on empty, you won't be able to get anywhere. Your body needs fuel. That is one reason fad diets don't work. This is a lifestyle change. Little changes make a difference. Maybe one soda a day instead of two, though none is better. Macros give you an understanding of what you eat. MFP presets those. Play with the numbers if needed. I struggle with not enough protein and too much fat. By paying attention to the macros, I can make better choices for dinner or snacks. MFP is a great tool. Use it and be honest with yourself.

Kymarai
  • kymarai
    edited February 2018
    Options
    So I made it to part 3 before it blurped again. Thank you for staying with me. My road blocks are now outside and I am working on extra steps as you helped me hit my goal! One nice thing about a traditional ranch is you can walk in big circles without really looking.
    Exercise- I am not a gym person. Not my thing, but works great for others. I prefer to multi task. Typing while walking, dancing while reading emails or cooking, pacing while answering phone calls. Sometimes it is chair dancing while sitting at the light, punches or twists when I can. My husband laughs when he catches me doing counter push ups or squats while on the phone at work. Anything to get the heart rate up. A HR monitor helps you better determine your burn need.
    Thank you for reading. I have redone these 4 times to get done. I hope something I have said helps someone. Be true to yourself! You can do this!

Kymarai
  • ysache13
    Options
    Hi Kymarai (very interesting name you have) mine is greek parents came to America and had 4 of us here. Anyway, I totally hear and understand what you are saying regarding diets and I also agree they do NOT work, but I also know (for me that is) the only way for me to lose (quickly) which is what I need right now as I have to order that dress and want to look nice, I'm just simply lowing calories and not worrying at all what those calories consist of and it works. I am also trying like you to get in steps and am just walking around my tiny condo or getting on my mini-tramp and trying to use that but again, I'm not concerned with working out believe it or not. I totally know about the fuel thing too and once I'm at a certain number (for me it's 160) then I will very slowly add a little more food at a time and watching to make sure that I'm still losing even slower to get to whatever goal it'll be (probably 150) and then God willing, I'll have all my new habits (way of life) established and can just live it and if/when I choose to "go wild" for a holiday or whatever, I should be able to stay focused and get right back on track. I am really enjoying this site. I am so grateful I found it and I can log in all the time, write on my personal page, my food, etc., I'm sorry you lost what you wrote (I hate when that happens) and I usually have to walk away and then go back out of frustration from the loss. As for the scale, that IS my biggest battle - I see both sides and my goal is to weigh twice a week, but I also agree I need to keep a close watch as well but the problem is when I don't lose in a few days (even though I know that's normal) it starts to play on my mind and I start to get down and that's what I'm trying to avoid most of all - so I'm going to just be gentle on myself and decide each morning what I'll do or not do. I was proud of myself today not getting on there after I had good news yesterday. I know I couldn't possibly lose again today, so why put myself through that and didn't go on! So it works! How much weight are you looking to lose? Are you also trying to lose for a special even, or are you just trying to get back into a particular size and stay there and enjoy life? Thanks for writing! Yana
  • kymarai
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Yana,
    My goal is to lose another 11-15 lbs. No special events, just the extra weight hurts the hips and knees. Like you, I am on my feet all day and that extra hurts.
    You should always be gentle on yourself! Okay, maybe not always! Sometimes I have to give myself a stern talking to in order to get something done
  • hearingyou2
    hearingyou2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, my goal is to slowly, week-by-week, keep losing and don't stop, don't change the rhythm, keep doing everything exactly like I am right now, until I get down to a goal weight I set. Then I plan to keep on logging, keep on eating a calorie level that is only slightly higher than right now. Otherwise I feel I will gain it all back. I am 51 and I believe I can still lose weight but I don't want to yo-yo. Six years ago I lost 30 pounds and then I stopped working at it. Instead of maintaining or losing a bit more that I still could have kept going with I just stopped tracking, stopped being smart. I gradually put it all back on. I work with temptations as my office is right across from a kitchen and there is often junk and some of my biggest trigger foods sitting there for the taking. Without tracking and without a plan I have gained 30 or more pounds since I took the job five years ago. I am also doing pilates twice a week and I see a personal trainer once a week. She asked me to find and use my fit bit again and start to try to get in 10,000 steps again. I could use some "friends" on here to share with and you all sound like lovely women and we all have a lot in common it seems. I don't know how to ask someone to be my friend on here. Is it that I don't have the premium version. My email is hearingyou2@gmail. --Margie
  • 3438nancy
    3438nancy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey You Girls!!! Is there room for one more ?You are motivating me I would like to lose 10 pounds by June and another 10 by September So far I have lost 20 since last September ( almost 6 months) I don’t want to do it too fast because I’m 53 and I’m noticing a few wrinkles.
  • 3438nancy
    3438nancy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Best Wishes and warm regards to all . Just want to share some advice that may help some. First and foremost don’t be too hard on yourself. If you miss a workout or slip up it’s ok you only have to be good 90 percent of the time to get fantastic results. Recently I have hit a plateau where I have stayed the same weight for a while and have slacked off a bit with exercise and logging but I’m back. Nancy
  • ysache13
    Options
    oh wow, I LOVE checking on here and see MORE ladies coming on board with me (thank you) - Well you "kids" hahaha are still younger than I am and though it's only been 7 days like I've said, calorie in, weight off, LOL and I'm thrilled to start with the 5 lbs this week (I'm sure water weight) but it's touched my heart and that's GREAT. I use to think age, slow metabolism, etc., (I guess I wanted to blame anything outside of what I'm putting in my mouth) but truth like I said is what goes in. You know, I was sitting here looking at this sweet little jar I bought on line to place my dad's ashes in and coming back on here I honestly remember when I started the yo-yo stuff in my teen years him coming up to me (a little greek man of great wisdom) simply took my hands and said, (just close your mouth) in a sweet/funny way - but here I am the old one at 58 and yet......he spoke truth then and it holds true today. I suppose having my daughter's wedding around the corner and knowing I will be (literally) flat on my back with foot UP in the air again for 6 long weeks after surgery and then another 3 months before I can hobble decently with the boot which will take me just about to her wedding (8/24) but I BELIEVE I will still get down to 160 from the 182 (yep, I'm THAT large) but honestly I'm never ashamed of the weight, I just want to look decent and feel good in my clothes and in my picture that you can see it was only last Sept and that's my son at his wedding and I was 175 there so I'm just about there again and I felt "decent" but I want to feel great! not perfect, but great (for me) - and we ALL know what that number or size is. My size to achieve is 12 but if I'm a solid 14 at her wedding, I'll be thrilled - I'm wearing 16 now - so please continue to open up and share - it truly IS motivating me MORE than each of you know! I feel that "family" feeling here - Hugs to all! :)
  • valentina7669
    valentina7669 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies! My name is Valentina and I too would love to be a part of this group! I started a weight loss challenge at work and have lost two lbs! I'm at 170.5 and would like to eventually get down to 135! I'm only 5'1" so I'm considered obese for my size! I saw this app and thought, why not. It's truly amazing to see how I was blindly eating away at calories all day long! I wish us all the best of luck and believe we can all meet our goals! Happy Sunday, everyone!