Rotisserie chicken poll

Options

Replies

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    None of the above.

This is what I do:

1) break the chicken down into it's major parts.(legs, breasts and wings) w/o deboning.

2) inmediately eat whatever I feel like eating and then vacuum seal/freeze the rest (which could be the entire bird if I don't eat any right away), and then

3) make stock out the carcass and any bones saved after eating the bird.
  • shandy82165
    shandy82165 Posts: 184 Member
    Options

I don't really like dark meat so it's a waste for me to buy them.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Option #1 for me.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Cut it into servable pieces and serve it for dinner, unless I have a specific need for a cooked chicken that I don't want to cook .

When I lived by myself, I would cut it into servable pieces and then eat or use acvording to my mood and general laziness.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    CatchMom13 wrote: »
    4 - Don't buy it at all... it's slimy and icky and triggers my gag reflex just thinking about touching it. It should trigger yours too toots! :s

Do you only have access to the cold ones? They can get a little... gelatinous from the hot fat solidifying as it cools. I have never gotten a hot rotisserie chicken that was slimy or icky or triggering.

They can be a bit over greasy and salty. I used to love them, now I pretty much tolerate if I really don't want to cook.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
  • Ebony_Kitty
    Ebony_Kitty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
  • remoore23
    remoore23 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Option 2: shred it and store in containers depending on what I'm using it for. Discard the bones and skin.

I just go to the deli counter and ask them to give me a pound of shredded rotisserie chicken. They take some of the same rotisserie chicken that's out there whole, shred it themselves, and store it in the cooler. But you have to ask for it and I'm not sure if it's just my store that does it. It costs the same amount as buying the whole thing per pound, but it's already processed and ready to go into my dinner. I like to make enchiladas with it or add it to salads. I found out about it by accident one day when they were all sold out of whole chickens and I was giving a sad face to the deli lady. She hooked me up! B)
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Pick out the white meat with a knife and fork. Shred the rest and give it to the dog. Throw away the carcass in an outside dumpster so the dog doesn't go on a treasure hunt through the trash.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    All
    I don't buy one often. If I do I use some for a meal and then remove all the meat from the bones and store just the meat for future use.
  • GenaLouise
    GenaLouise Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yep, I’m option 2, and I use it for the week.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Totally #1 here, but I don't buy it often... only when it's on sale.
  • AgentFlex
    AgentFlex Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Shred it all immediately, I feel like it comes off the bone so much easier while it's still warm :)
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    dang ..... do none of you have over eating issues

(7) Eat the whole chicken in one go .. feel guilty, get complained at by the wife for not turning it it in to several meals . make broth with bones

and

(8) Secretly buy and eat the whole chicken in one go and hide the bones in the bin
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Cut it in half and eat the half with knife and fork. I'm a hungry guy.
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    2 - debone and store. I only buy rotisserie chickens on sale, then use them for meal planning/prep. Great for soups, salads, and casseroles, but I really don't care for just plain chicken on my plate for a meal.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just here but the chicken are dry and completely devoid of flavor, adding salt and pepper barely helps.