Getting used to your new body

Options
I stopped traffic twice tonight; rather unexpectedly and quite literally.

Do not want.

So how is everyone else adjusting?

Replies

• Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options

Do not want.

Depends on the day I guess for me.:laugh: I'm not overly crazy about all the attention, makes me feel really uncomfortable. I've always rather liked knowing I could be invisible if I wanted. Seem to have lost that magic now... deep sigh.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    You guys are obviously too beautiful . Stop it. Stop it now. :wink:
  • bootstrap7
    Options
    Wow - you lost your target amount and then some! Way to go! Don't worry - it might take a while, but you'll get used to the attention eventually. When I was thinner I used to hate the attention and would cut my hair all short and dress in baggy clothes, but eventually I learned to appreciate it and started to take it as a bit of a confidence booster. Once you get comfortable in your new body, it won't bother you as much. ;o) You should be proud - strut that stuff!
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options

Do not want.

Depends on the day I guess for me.:laugh: I'm not overly crazy about all the attention, makes me feel really uncomfortable. I've always rather liked knowing I could be invisible if I wanted. Seem to have lost that magic now... deep sigh.

Hun, that's what dirty hair and hoody is for. Contrary to spy movies, you cannot be hot, stylish, and invisible...
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Adjusting? What is adjusting? I used to enjoy being invisible too, still do, as I am a shy person. Haven't gotten to my goal weight, but with what I've lost, but people are telling me that the rest of me hasn't caught up yet. I think coasting at this weight for a bit would be a good thing. Give myself time to figure out what's going on inside AND out. And sometimes if I'm quiet enough I can still "fade" out. I don't think I'm letting that go, haha.

But I'm also interested in knowing how everyone else is doing with it. :smile:
  • epoint
    epoint Posts: 88
    Options
    When I DON'T want to stop traffic is when I'm walking, alone, through my dark neighborhood streets in the early mornings. I went shopping for workout clothes again last night, and found it very hard to find something to meet my needs -- sweat-absorbing, with pockets (for my phone and pepper spray), and not skin-tight. I ended up with a pair of nike capris that have a fairly loose fit and 2 pockets. Haven't tried them yet but I think they will do the trick. Regular capris/shorts get too heavy with sweat in this ridiculous heat!

I don't mind stopping traffic later in the day, though. Unfortunately that hasn't been a problem. :-)
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options

Do not want.

Hun, that's what dirty hair and hoody is for. Contrary to spy movies, you cannot be hot, stylish, and invisible...
    :laugh: :glasses:
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I've often wondered about this. As a teen (thinner too) I was always invisible. I wore messy clothes, no make up, hair crazy, etc. I was invisible up until I started gaining weight as I've been a size 18 for quite sometime and taking better care of my appearance in terms of hair, make up, nicer clothes. I found that as heavy as I am, I still stop traffic depending on what I wear, etc because I wear flattering clothing for my figure. I believe in looking good at any size but the attention can be uncomfortable. I often wonder how it will be when I lose more weight and I combine the nice clothes, long flowy locks, and make up. If I'm getting unwanted attention now, I know I'm going to kill it when the weight comes off and that kind of worries me.