FAIL! I GAVE INTO MY TOM CRAVINGS!!!

Options
annnnd I went over by 332 calories! I was doing to good too.......... Any encouraging words??

Replies

• azingale
    azingale Posts: 74
    Options
    It's not a fail if it's one day at your TOM! If I'm not mistaken, you may actually be burning a little more then... and if you're like me, it might just come from the rage alone... 322 is not a problem.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    TOM SUCKS, that's your excuse! A lot of people do this, plus, it's just one day. :)
  • yjsanchez
    yjsanchez Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    today will be tomorrow. so tomorrow you continue on ur good path. today i had a hot dog, but thats where my little cousins wanted to eat. Tonight i will pack my healthy lunch, so I will eat healthy.
  • CaliGirl313
    Options
    Thank you :) I really needed that.. tomorrow I will try again !
  • jwgca
    jwgca Posts: 44
    Options
    don't dwell on it, just move on. what's done is done.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Do you have your goal set for 1 pound per week? Cause that gives you a built in calorie deficit of 500 calories per day. If you went over by 332, then you are still in a deficit of 168 calories. Meaning you still lose weight. In other words? Don't worry about it! The bloating will go away, but you did not gain fat since you are still eating in a deficit. :flowerforyou:
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    so what, that's perfectly normal be honest and get back on the bandwagon a.s.a.p
  • CaliGirl313
    Options
    Do you have your goal set for 1 pound per week? Cause that gives you a built in calorie deficit of 500 calories per day. If you went over by 332, then you are still in a deficit of 168 calories. Meaning you still lose weight. In other words? Don't worry about it! The bloating will go away, but you did not gain fat since you are still eating in a deficit. :flowerforyou:

Hey, my goal is set to lose 2 pounds per week... does that make a difference?
  • TenderBranson
    TenderBranson Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Definitely don't dwell on it & remember how you feel now next time you get a craving.
  • MichelleF81
    MichelleF81 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    We all do it once in a while, I always get cravings around that time too and you'd need iron will power to resist them! Look at it on the positive side......you only went over by 322. In the grand scheme of things, for just one day, that's nothing. We all slip occasionally, what's important is that we get up again.
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    A few hundred extra calories on one day isn't going to undo consistent hard work..

It's done now OP, today is a new day!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

That means that your built in deficit is 1000 calories, and going over by 332 means you are still in a 668 calorie deficit. You still lose weight. Maybe not as fast, but that's still beyond 1 pound per week.

I would say you are doing great!!!
  • CaliGirl313
    Options

That means that your built in deficit is 1000 calories, and going over by 332 means you are still in a 668 calorie deficit. You still lose weight. Maybe not as fast, but that's still beyond 1 pound per week.

I would say you are doing great!!!

Thank you so much! I feel happier now... I've been going over ALL week it seems... ughh but this at least puts me at ease, except, I've gained 2lbs.. womp!
  • radtechruth
    Options
    It's not failure. It's just one day. Jump right back on schedule and maybe do a little more exercise to make up the extra calories.
  • dawnmichelea
    dawnmichelea Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I had a terribly difficult day today! Cravings from the second I woke up. I resisted all day, and then.....I couldn't stand it any longer, and headed for the kitchen. My sweet son stepped in and said, "Mom, you've done so well all day, you have to finish strong!" I wasn't accepting the encouragement so he said, "Go sit down, I'll massage your shoulders for a half an hour to get your mind off of the food!) Can you believe it? So sweet! (it worked!)
  • CaliGirl313
    Options
    I had a terribly difficult day today! Cravings from the second I woke up. I resisted all day, and then.....I couldn't stand it any longer, and headed for the kitchen. My sweet son stepped in and said, "Mom, you've done so well all day, you have to finish strong!" I wasn't accepting the encouragement so he said, "Go sit down, I'll massage your shoulders for a half an hour to get your mind off of the food!) Can you believe it? So sweet! (it worked!)

WOW! That's terrific! SO jealous! I wish I had someone to give me a massage when I was craving sweet foods!
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    Options

WOW! That's terrific! SO jealous! I wish I had someone to give me a massage when I was craving sweet foods!

It would definitely kill my cravings!