I want a very intense diet

Options
I want something like the fat bombs where I eat X amount a day and basically nothing else. I don't care much for food, I just want to eat what I need and nothing else. What is an ideal recepie? Like avacado, bacon, and anything else? Maybe a touch of carbs? I want a diet like where I basically only eat the same thing at the same time every day. Anyone have a recepie for something like this?

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Find what you like and what fits your macros. Eat that daily. I do but my diet might now work for you.

EDIT: I eat the same BASIC thing every day.... and leave enough room for surprise cookies!
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Too what end? Weight loss? Gain? Health? Something else?
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    To what end? Weight loss? Gain? Health? Something else?

Exactly. This smacks of someone who has no idea what they are doing or trying to achieve.

What is your current situation? What has or has not worked for you in the past? What are your goals?

Without this detail no-one is going to be able to answer your question.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Eggs
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Avocado, bacon... bread (carbs).... What you want is a BLTA. That's where your recipe is headed.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    This is absurd. At least say what you DO like and what your goals are.
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Lobster thermidor aux crevettes, with a mornay sauce garnished with truffle paté, brandy and a fried egg on top and spam.

Recipe?
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    I know what op means about food, I'm not real crazy about food, that is I'm not passionate about it like my husband, he loves food & has a passions for life. I get hungry so overate before but I ate mostly the same things back then too, hard to explain
  • J_Fairfax
    J_Fairfax Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    broccoli and mushrooms you can basically eat as much as you want and not worry about the calories.

i have baked sweet potato chips most days and never get bored of them. I think I could eat them every day forever. so good.
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Lobster thermidor aux crevettes, with a mornay sauce garnished with truffle paté, brandy and a fried egg on top and spam.

Recipe?

Recipe and pics would be great.

I'm thinking I'll cut the spam into the shape of a lobster for good measure.

This may be what would fit the bill?!?!

https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/pork/fancied-up-lobster-salad-with-hot-spam-dressing.html
  • Jacquifly
    Jacquifly Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd almost suggest a Keto diet, but they're not good for long-term eating as they don't help you form healthy eating habits, just 'triage'ing the effects of bad eating.
    Honestly it sounds like you should speak to a nutritionist and a psychologist. Nutritionist will help you form an idea of exactly what you will need, and psychologist will help improve what sounds like a bit of a crap relationship with food.
    Like honestly I'm kinda the same; I don't cherry-pick things to eat then post them on Instagram and go 'OMG THIS TASTES AMAZING' because I think the idea of us picking and choosing what we eat is ridiculously privileged when kids are literally starving around the world... but I still like eating specific things because they bring me comfort.
    Psychologically, most humans normally look to food as a source of comfort - as a full belly to our ancestors meant survival and security. If you're not feeling this then that may suggest some kind of subconscious issue with food.
    But...
    That's just a suggestion. Best way to get the food you need is to ask a nutritionist :) Please don't just fat-bomb your way through... your cholesterol levels will thank you lol
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    J_Fairfax wrote: »
    broccoli and mushrooms you can basically eat as much as you want and not worry about the calories.

As a monodiet? (Duodiet, I guess.)

Potatoes as a monodiet seems to be trendy.

In other circles, beef.

In some parts of Silicon Valley, Soylent 2.0 (not the same as in the movie).

Can't really recommend any, why not just do the body builder thing (rice, broccoli, chicken breast (or occasionally salmon), but add some nuts and avocado and maybe cook the broccoli with olive oil). Simple, boring, but more balanced and a bit more variety, so better nutritionally.

Better still if you eat some different vegetables, maybe some oats or potatoes or sweet potatoes instead of the rice, vary the protein even more, etc., but I expect that would be too boring and not "intense" enough? Who knew nutrition = not adequately intense!
  • Brimstone14
    Brimstone14 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    @Jacquifly I'm speaking for myself, but I'd say keto, or low carb has given me a long term good habit of basically avoiding things like processed food and refined sugar.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    @Jacquifly I'm speaking for myself, but I'd say keto, or low carb has given me a long term good habit of basically avoiding things like processed food and refined sugar.

Plenty of "processed foods" seem to be popular on keto.

Not that being processed is the end of the world (or even bad).

All sugar (as in fruit) is problematic on keto, at least in more than tiny amounts. I did keto briefly (liked it fine, didn't think it was healthier than how I normally eat) and found it really difficult to eat even my normal amount of vegetables (which admittedly is a lot, I had to cut back a little), plus some nuts and a small amount of greek yogurt or cottage cheese, and my limit was much higher than the usual, like 60+ g (more like 35 g net). On that I couldn't have any fruit, any beans, any potatoes or sweet potatoes, any oats -- all foods I'd call generally unprocessed (not that it matters, again) and nutrient dense.

Keto is a fine way of eating if it works for you, but not because the foods permitted make for a healthier diet (you can do healthy on keto with a little effort, and healthy not on keto, obviously).

Anyway, OP's main concern seems to be ease and "intensity," not nutrition, I suppose.