Workout wear for the ladies!

Options
2»

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I have luck at TJ Maxx/Marshalls. Brands I've found there and like include Balance Collection and 90 Degrees by Reflex. I have one pair of Kyodan that are alright and one ABS by Allen Schwartz.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I have danskinnow from Walmart, old Navy active, and one pair of Tesla brand from Amazon. My older danskins seem to be better fitted than the newer ones. It kind if depends on the pants themselves, the fabric and cut, rather than the brand. I think the Tesla leggings are worth a try. They come in lots of colors and a few different styles, really affordable too.
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I just discovered Senita Athletics! They’re the best ever... truly squat proof, beautiful styles, only $30-40, and their customer service is so helpful. Seriously, I messaged them on Facebook, told them my inseam (aka short) and they helped me pick some out.

Oh and 90 degree by reflex are good too, but fair warning, I am 5’3” and they are wayyy too long on me.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    These are great and inexpensive through Amazon. I have two pairs. One pair I ordered cane with a seam issue but the company replaced them quickly after I sent pictures of the defect
  • activities1
    activities1 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I also like the danskin Walmart brand. Stays put for me. Couple of styles to try. One is no good.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Zella and Athleta are my favorites. I especially like the old style Athleta bettona jeggings for daily wear because they have pockets. I actually have 4 pairs in different colors and prints but they are harder to find these days.

I do have some Danskin ones I like and some not so much. I think it depends on the style and fabric blend. I just purchased some cute Jockey leggings online (on sale) and haven't taken them out of the package yet. Excited to try them doing a 5K this weekend. (Probably dumb to try new leggings for a race, but it will be the true test.)
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I love the stuff from Fabletics. The Salar line is a particular favorite.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    So are there any ladies here who have lost a whole bunch of weight? I'm down 115 lbs and my lower stomach has loose skin and is way droopier than the rest of me - "control" leggings just push that part down and make it look worse, when what I need is support that lifts it up and holds it in.

I was happy with the Kohls house brand (tek gear) while I wore a size L, but now I need a medium and for some reason they made the rise really short on their medium so it gives me an ugly wedgie. I tried on a bunch of different brands and didn't like Nike, Champion, danskin... so far my best fit is Fila but I have to wear a long shirt over them, they do bad things for my stomach.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I've been really happy with MPG. They aren't too pricy and I think the quality is great. I have a few pairs and all of them are squat proof and a bit thicker than your average legging. None of the ones that I have show sweat either and they have held up going through the washer/dryer nicely. Here is the link -http://www.mpgsport.com/women-active-apparel/women-athletic-bottoms/women-active-leggings
  • sisu1975
    sisu1975 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried Sweaty Betty brand tights? Just curious how they stand up.
  • paniz_s
    paniz_s Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Lululemon leggings are great investments! Highly recommend
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I have 3 brands that are all squat proof, have side pockets for my phone and have a high waist so they hold in my mommy tummy - Lululemon, Victoria Secret Knockout and Senita Athletics.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,571 Member
    Options
    sisu1975 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried Sweaty Betty brand tights? Just curious how they stand up.

Not tried but I've passed by the store and they look legit. Same quality as Lulu I think.
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Tangerine and Beyond Yoga. Once you know which brand/s you like, I highly recommend Poshmark.com.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have recommendations for a looser fit workout pants/capri option that is actually breathable? I have several pairs of tights but some days I'd rather something less form fitting that I wont completely burn up in.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Walmart workout pants work for me...I like the Avia Bootcut. They're roughly $13/pr
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Lululemon. Zella if you want cheaper.
  • Kohanai
    Kohanai Posts: 172 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    As a plus size girl it's hard to find squat proof leggings that don't cost 50$. Old navy's leggings are great (I'm super surprised by this) and on sale currently. Target's Champion (C9) brand is great. I assume build quality is the same for both in standard sizes.
  • raeshellewilson
    raeshellewilson Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Gymshark?! They’re affordable, stylish and totally squat proof! Plus they make your booty look amazing!
    If you haven’t already tried them, I’d say give em a go!