Stopped drinking every night and started eating very healthy and GAINING weight :(

Options
kaitlynb92
kaitlynb92 Posts: 13 Member
edited February 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello!!

I used to work out a lot but went to a really intense school back in April 2017 and went from 112lbs to 143lbs as of this month (February 2018). I used to drink like 6 8oz glasses of wine a night, then would order food (on top of dinner) and just eat generally unhealthy food and stopped working out.
January, I completely stopped drinking alcohol during the week, started eating really healthy meals, working out about 1-2 times a week (although trying to do more), as well as doing some stretch and yoga videos. I also get acupunture, drink 80oz of water every day and am generally just following a very healthy life style as of January 1.
Not only have I not lost a single pound, I've GAINED weight! As of this week, I'm somehow up 3 lbs to 147lbs. I'm getting really depressed and frustrated. I can't find anything on Google that is similar enough to my own story to really understand why nothing is happening. I figured some of this would shed off eventually from water weight and such but every other post I read always seem to be losing at least 2 lbs way faster than me.

Can someone shed some light on what I might be doing wrong? I was expecting to shed 1 pound a week but to not lose a single pound in almost 2 months is getting really discouraging :(

A little about me:

- Female
- 5'7"
- I try to do 30-40 minute YouTube workouts/Jillian Michaels type of workouts, followed by 15-30 minute stretch videos 2-3 times a week
- I am a developer so I sit all day
- Currently 147lbs
- I do drink wine on the weekends

Typical day of meals consist of:

Breakfast: 2 glasses warm water, each with 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar, third glass warm water just plain, Black or Green tea with Dandelion Root tea - cut out coffee weeks ago

Lunch: Sauteed spinach, 2 eggs, 1/2 avocado

Dinner: Typically will be rice with a crap load of vegetables (eg. brown rice, bok choy, rapini, 1/2 avocado, onions), 1 cup hot tea with green superfood powder, 2 cups sleepy time tea. I usually only eat meat on weekends, though sometimes I'll make chicken breast, potatoes and mushrooms

Supplements: Chinese herbal supplements for digestion, Udo's probiotics, Magensium, Zinc, Omega 3, liver care pills ( I take the Chinese herbs, liver care, probiotics for digestion - my acupuncture lady told me I have acne because of digestion problems - and i take the magnesium, zinc for acne)

SORRY to anyone who actually takes the time to read this lol, I'm just trying to be super thorough at the chance someone can help me :)

EDIT: I forgot to mention what else I eat for breakast: oatmeal with 1/2 cup strawberries, chia seeds, hemp seeds, flax seeds, and one hard boiled egg

Replies

• angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I notice you don't eat breakfast and your lunch is low calorie too. Your dinner I can't tell as you haven't put quantities and personally I don't think you are eating enough.

At 112lbs on your typical height/weight chart you would be considered underweight at 5'7" in height.

small frame 123-136
    medium frame 133-147
    large frame 143-163

Obviously there are deviations from this where athletes and bodybuilders are concerned but maybe opening up your diary would make it clearer as there are people on here much more experienced at this than me who can probably help with a bit more info.

OP is 147lbs now they were 112lbs that's the problem
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Weekend eating can wipe out any calorie deficit during the week, been there, done that.

Track your calories every day and stay consistently within your calorie budget and you will lose.