Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    That's what started me almost two years ago @ds41980!!!!! You got this, we all got this ladies!!!!!
  • pmastro724
    pmastro724 Posts: 122 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi there! I will be 41 in July. I'd like to lose 25-40 pds. Would love to have more friends! I'm on mfp daily. Feel free to add me!
  • xgirliedevilx
    xgirliedevilx Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Im 41 and I have lost 14 lbs so far. Still have another 24lbs to go :) Feel free to add me.

Im in the UK, from Essex.
  • tisdalla
    tisdalla Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I realize this post is a few weeks old but would love some more motivation! I’m 42, currently in the low 160s at 5’4”. Id like to lose 25-30. I made it 25 days into the Whole30 in January and felt great but the diet wasn’t sustainable for me. Feel free to add me!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Hello and Happy Hump Day Ladies!!!! :):)
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Tryingtogetfitdeb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    @willow00 this is me!! I was doing so well, but now I’m 2kg up on my best weight in December!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!!! Happy Thursday :)
  • OatmealBowl
    OatmealBowl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am 45 and would like to lose 10-15 lbs but am currently working on reducing my cholesterol with the DASH plan. Add me too. :)
  • Goal4Jex
    Goal4Jex Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am actually going to be 38, but I mentally am already in my 40's. I can't relate to people in their 30's . So can I still be here with the cool kids? I have between 10 and 20 lbs to lose. It's been a real struggle just to lose the 5 extra pounds I gain over the holidays. And each year it's getting harder and harder. It seams like ever since I had my daughter I have steadily been gaining 5lbs a year. And I haven't changed my diet or my exerciser level , I actually move more now then I did 2 years ago! I go to the park almost every day during work on my breaks and lunch. sometimes up to 1 hour a day ( 2 x 15 breaks and 30 min lunch) But I don't see any difference on the scale. Maybe I broke my scale...... :o And I am always so tired. soo sooo tired. I just went to the dr for a routine anual check up, but blood work says I am fine. I was hoping he could refer me to a nutritionist. Most diets confuse me. Count calories, don't count calories, eat more protein. protein is bad for the liver, eat more healthy fats, don't eat that much fats bc it has too much calories....... very very confusing.
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 45 and working on losing a few pounds. You can all add me anytime!
  • RebeccaH2011
    RebeccaH2011 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    43 and need figuring out how to loose 20lbs after having a baby at 40. Would love to connect :)
  • jrae75
    jrae75 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I got this from Aaron on another post:
    The diet that makes the most sense to me is choosing foods that allow you to eat comfortably at a modest caloric deficit while maintaining good nutrition and general satiety. The details are irrelevant and serve as nothing more than distractions or things to waste time debating on online forums.

People tend to argue for whatever version works for them but honestly different people will find different approaches to be the most comfortable for them. It is quite possible to lose weight slowly but reliably overtime while never being hungry or uncomfortable or even really that distracted by it.
    [/quote]

I totally agree with this. We're all different. The best plan is one that we can stick with long term, and that varies from person to person. For me, that last sentence quoted is how I feel my journey is going. Slow, but sure, as long as I stay the course.
  • smallsteps2success
    Options
    Hi MFPers in their 40's! I'm 41. I've dropped 44lbs since July 2017 and still on this journey to drop 16lbs more. Logging my food on MFP has helped me tremendously. Looking for like minded friends as well. Let's walk this road together! Please add me. =)
  • shandajhae
    shandajhae Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group! I’m new, what do I need to do to join? I’m 43, 142 lbs. would love to get down to 120 by May 1. Is this doable?
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,982 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm closer to 40 than not (turn 40 this summer).

Most of my life I was pretty active, fairly fit, and weight wasn't much of an issue. If it creeped up I just had to cut back on things like fast food and soda, and whoosh, I'd be fine.

Then, in my early 30s got the dreaded "desk job." I wasn't used to having to make "extra" time for working out, so, well, I didn't. I didn't change my eating habits, either, as I was pretty "healthy" in general. Needless to say, the weight crept on until I reached an all time high in the summer of 2015 at ~163 pounds. Even my fattest work pants wouldn't fit no matter how uncomfortable I was willing to be.

Started counting calories and eventually macros, and by the end of October that year, lost about 20 of the nearly 40 pounds I had gained. About that time my racing was starting to make progress and my lack of fitness was an issue, so I started back to the gym with more dedication and a willingness to "embrace the suck." I put on a few pounds, then slowly the weight was dropping throughout the next year. It was a slow drop, but things were headed in the right direction and I was in the very low 140s dipping into the 130s.

Then, on 12/3/16 I got a tib/fib pilon fracture - that led to 3 months of being completely NWB on that leg, a subsequent 4 surgeries, 1 infection, and all of the stress and complications that come with trying to keep your leg attached to your body. Add in that pilon fractures - well, they suck.

Most of the summer last year walking was a challenge, but I was on my bike anyways (only think keeping me sane through all of this). Watching my food and counting calories just wasn't important - I knew I'd pay for it, and frankly, I didn't care. It wasn't a priority.

Finally, by November I was able to return to the gym on a slowly built up plan I worked with my trainer to develop (originally the "workouts" were just at home to get me started). A month ago I was finally able to return to an intense training program.

I'm still seeing progress on my leg, that's still a daily battle and will be for another year before it reaches its "new normal."

Back to counting calories, but mostly focusing on a recomp rather than weight loss right now as fitness is far more important for the upcoming race season than a few extra pounds.

Stats:
    5'7"
    CW: ~155
    GW: ~128-131 (may be adjusted up if I'm happy with my bf at a higher weight)
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    I didn't start this group, but welcome ladies!!! Glad to see so many interesting ladies in here:)
  • krfitmom
    krfitmom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This seems like a great group of 40+ looking for support and motivation. We should keep the conversation going. I'm a 41 (42 in less than 30days), mom to two active girls ages 7 & 5. I'm 5'4" looking to loose 10-15lbs. I started out of the gate logging everyday and lost a good 5lbs but then life got in the way and my commitment started to get sidelined. Looking to recommit and start moving my body more. Please feel free to add me but we could also start talking here too!