1235»

Replies

• change_happens
    Options
    Hi... I am a knitter. :)
  • corpseskank1
    corpseskank1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I tried knitting and failed miserably, but I do crochet and spin yarn! :)
  • WendyHJ
    WendyHJ Posts: 60
    Options
    My husband knits, he's in MFP but not to be social, just to track his numbers and be supportive of me. He has an account on Ravelry.com, I think it is under StephenHJ. He's only been knitting for 18 months and was already designing his own patterns within 4 months of starting. He started with a 12 foot long scarf ala Dr Who, which is how he got started. That is so. Uch work you can't possibly ask someone to make it for you. So he learned to do it himself. He even made my dog a dark gray sweater with red paw prints on it so he didn't have to walk her in something pink.
  • whitejessamine
    Options
    I love to knit! I carry my project in my purse these days, so I can knit whenever I'm stuck in a waiting room! I probably look pretty silly pulling half a hat out of my purse all over the place, but I enjoy it.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    He started with a 12 foot long scarf ala Dr Who,

I made a Doctor Who scarf for my husband for xmas. Now my daughter wants one too.
  • Teelycart
    Options
    I love to knit and just recently heard about and joined MFP. I actually heard about it while in my favorite knitting store!
  • Violin11
    Violin11 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I crochet! It's so nice to find others here that love to work with yarn.
  • lcamanda
    lcamanda Posts: 28
    Options
    I love to knit! I've would love to crochet too, but I just cant' seem to get the hang of it.

Unfortunatly I have lost my mojo for the last couple of months. I blame it on that I want to make an Aran style sweater but no job so no spending on new yarn at the moment :(
  • dakotan
    dakotan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do knit and would love to knit more often but I do not have the time. I just wished my town had a yarn store. If I want nice yarn, I need to purchase it online or drive about an hour and half away to the nearest yarn store. A year ago at work I managed to get one of my co-workers hooked on knitting now and she has gone a couple times to a weekend knitting retreat. This is just a place that the women rent usually on by the lake and it is a nice big cabin and all that is done is some knitting, cocktails, eating, and just helping or teaching one another. :smile:
  • lcamanda
    lcamanda Posts: 28
    Options
    Yep and on Rav (with the same SN, as it happens :P)!

Just had a look through your projects, beautiful things! You make amazing tops.
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Working on my oaklet shawl.... need to get to 233 stitches....
  • mayla95
    mayla95 Posts: 5
    Options
    Here I am!!! But I've just began my 2011's knitting season coz for the 6 first months I sew and the last ones I knit....:tongue: but at least I don't eat in those moments except a cup of tea
  • mommachunks
    Options
    Hi! I am new here and I am a knitter as well! I have been knitting for about 6 years now, I am not very good but I do enjoy doing it and making things for my family!
  • Debbie0517
    Debbie0517 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love knitting. I'm currently working on socks for the hubby and I need to finish up a sweater. I also am working on a fast knit dishcloth for a change of pace. We have a group that meets in my office during lunch to knit.