Scale is not moving.

Been non stop in the gym for about 2 seeks and list about 2 lbs. Any advice would help.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    edited February 2018
    Two pounds in two weeks is fine. Keep doing what you're doing.

That equals a 500 calorie deficit per day. Gym time doesn't equal weight loss. Calorie deficit determines weight loss.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Two pounds in two weeks is fine. Keep doing what you're doing.

This...
  • mishasmile
    mishasmile Posts: 2 Member
    Just keep going. It was hard for me in the beginning, but then I noticed some progress after the first 4 weeks. Lost 12kg in 9 months - had it set up for 0.5 kg per week - which was about 1300 kcal per day. Now I just maintain my weight.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    You've lost two pounds. That's the opposite of the scale not moving.
  • DebiLu64
    DebiLu64 Posts: 5 Member
    Kind of bummed myself. Just weighed myself after last weeks 4.2lb loss, and I didn't lose anything. I've exercised everyday (leslie sansone's 2 mile dvd's and The Firm abs, hips and thighs mixed in) and have been careful what I have eaten. It's hard when I exercise and it adds all the extra calories I can eat, it just feels like I have to eat so much more, and I just can't. I'm 53 years old and boy they were right when they say the older you get, the harder weight loss is.
  • malibu927
    DebiLu64 wrote: »
    Kind of bummed myself. Just weighed myself after last weeks 4.2lb loss, and I didn't lose anything. I've exercised everyday (leslie sansone's 2 mile dvd's and The Firm abs, hips and thighs mixed in) and have been careful what I have eaten. It's hard when I exercise and it adds all the extra calories I can eat, it just feels like I have to eat so much more, and I just can't. I'm 53 years old and boy they were right when they say the older you get, the harder weight loss is.

Weight loss isn’t linear. If the exercise is new, you’re most likely retaining water in your muscles from that.
  • DebiLu64
    DebiLu64 Posts: 5 Member
    @malibu927... what do I do about that? I have been working out for alittle over 2 weeks (maybe 3)...I guess that is kind of new for me.

• malibu927
    DebiLu64 wrote: »
    @malibu927... what do I do about that? I have been working out for alittle over 2 weeks (maybe 3)...I guess that is kind of new for me.

Be patient. There are a variety of reasons that you could be retaining water (excess sodium/carb intake, your menstrual cycle if that’s still a factor). If it goes on another 2-3 weeks, then you’ll want to double check your logging to see what you can tighten up.