YOU CAN DO IT TOO!! My Story with PICTURES!

Options
I'm 44 years old and I Started January 11th of last year at 260 lbs. On September 15th of last year I reached my Goal of 100 lbs loss. It took me exactly 8 months and 4 days. I changed what & how much I eat. I got up off the couch and joined my local gym. I have been maintaining for just over five months and I currently weigh 154.4. I pretty much eat what I want on the weekends (however, I don't gorge myself) and Monday through Friday I walk the straight and narrow with my eating and exercise.

I continue to be active on MFP and share my story in hopes of inspiring others.

MFP shared my weight loss story on their blog here...
http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/southern-mom-went-couch-motorcycle-eight-months/

px8zq6jnqegy.jpg
3c5o3wgdl81o.jpg
gwxqhcp7qfjl.jpg
68xhsjqt5yyd.jpg
tb8rg773e4bq.jpg
eawd9lon5xbd.jpg
ki60g9elqhh7.jpg
4gjew1cxgqt2.jpg
ped3fu1mhy68.jpg
xqewzdgdmz2f.jpg
p9pinx2lgamf.jpg
4yb6rwwpzlx1.jpg
gxuq8kiu6jfw.jpg
gum95pwzvq1m.jpg

Replies

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Fantastic journey!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    AWESOME, Congratulations!!!!
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Fantastic journey!
    AWESOME, Congratulations!!!!

Thank you, both!
  • alicebhsia
    alicebhsia Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    OMG what an inspiration! You look great! And just so you know, I love your hair!
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! Wow great transformation!
  • nbuckenmeyer
    nbuckenmeyer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your fantastic achievement & commitment to yourself!!
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.
  • fionawilliamson
    fionawilliamson Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Would love details on how you did this? You look amazing. Great job.
  • fitjcf
    fitjcf Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Amazing! What did you do? I can seem to only loose a few pounds per month, and you lost about 12-15 per month? Curious to learn how you achieved this.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Awesome weight loss!
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    So inspiring!
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss, you look great!
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    fitjcf wrote: »
    Amazing! What did you do? I can seem to only loose a few pounds per month, and you lost about 12-15 per month? Curious to learn how you achieved this.

I clicked on the MFP blog she linked to, and she said she went to the gym 3-4 days a week, 2 hrs each time, and was eating 1200 cals a day. She went down from 260 to 199 in 4 months doing that & she started off with cardio, so gym, doing cardio 4x per week & 1200 cals. IMHO, Cardio for 2 hours = 800-1000+ cals so right there is why the weight came off fast.

• its_me_april
    its_me_april Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    you look beautiful before and after, but you look so much happier after your weight loss :) congratulations!!
  • NightOwl7777
    NightOwl7777 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow wow wow. Absolutely fantastic I have over 100lb to lose and hope I can be as successful as you. I have chronic health problems that don’t allow me to exercise so am currently relying on fewer calories to shed the lbs. It may take me longer this way but I’m determined to do it. I am 41 in April and don’t want to spend the rest of my life fat and miserable. Thank you for the inspirational post xxxx
  • catherineg3
    catherineg3 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Fabulous and inspirational. I started at 240 and my goal is 140, so it feels great to see someone who has been successful at losing that much. Amazing how great you look now. I bet people hardly recognize you.
  • goaliema
    goaliema Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Woozers! Your transformation is incredible! Congrats on your commitment to making a healthy life style change.

I had lost 54lbs in about 5 months and stalled there for a month..then old ways settled back in and let a busy life be my excuse. Gained 10-15lbs back. So here I am.. determined to get back.at it. Your post is very inspiring..thank you for sharing!
    All the best

Goaliema
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Spectacular!
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! What an inspiration you are.
  • maryramos0880
    maryramos0880 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You look great