How many Carbs, Proteins and Fats should I eat?

Options
I want to lose 1.5 lbs. per week. What should the percentages be for carbs, fat and proteins?

Replies

• Anvasilak
    Anvasilak Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • alealehandraa
    alealehandraa Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @MichelleSilverleaf i was commenting my experience, i belive it doesn't hurt to try and find out :) i also tried various diets that had no effect on me, and this is the first 1 that is working
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @RAinWA that's a new thing, even i can't believe it . I even try to eat more but i can't. Of course if i start feeling bad i'll cut it but i'm totally good for now ^^

Then why are you doing it? You have to know it is not good for your health.

Odd - your post was cut off but when I quoted it I got the rest.

And by the time you start to feel bad that damage is already done. Come back and tell us you are still "totally good" when your hair starts falling out.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    @diannethegeek about that it isn't for weight loss. But as i already said- not for everyone. Your way is the safest ofc. but i like things a bit faster, no matter a little struggle :)

Keto/low carb isn't necessary for weight loss, nor is it guarantee that you'll lose weight. You can easily eat too much as fat is so calorie dense...
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Anvasilak wrote: »
    I want to lose 1.5 lbs. per week. What should the percentages be for carbs, fat and proteins?

As was said upthread, calories are what matter for weight loss. For macros, I treat proteins and fats as minimums to get every day (at least .6-.8 g protein per pound of body weight and at least .3-.4 g of fat per pound) and I fill in the rest of my calories with whatever I want, including carbs. Anything beyond that should be determined by you. As you go, you can pay attention to what kinds of foods and macros make you feel best and adjust as you need to.