Gimme the Skinny - August Challenge Team 21 - (closed group)

Options

Replies

• kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    I am not a runner but I did a mile today. I will try to do an extra mile each day. aaaaack!

so that's 5 miles for me sorry I can't commit to more.

AWESOME!
  • tagrady
    tagrady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys!

Our last new member is : [link]http://www.myfitnesspal.com/teneisham[\link]

(if anyone knows how to fix this link PLEASE let me know! John - I see you did a link correctly, so if you could share your secret i'd be greatful!!!

I'm a little crazy at work today. I'm updating the main header with our new members this afternoon, and hopefully kim (kdmallon) can update our team signature and re-post so our new members names are on there!

As a team, we're short 1 person, but now that the challenge is based on the percentage of weight loss, instead of points per pound, it shouldn't hurt us!

GO TEAM SKINNY!!!

~Your Captain
  • tagrady
    Options
    GimmeSkinnyLogo.jpg

This should have everyone!
  • tagrady
    Options
    ok, last post this am!

if you want the new siggy, cut & paste this into your signature:

skinnySiggy-1.jpg

then change the and to lowercase img's on both.

off to my Lasik apt! wish me luck! I can't stand contacts anymore!

~Captain
  • kristinmkartist
    kristinmkartist Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    k my goal today is to get another 2 miles in for the 10 miles this week I suggested. I am so tired. I work from 9am to 6pm. So I either get up at 530am to workout or like today it will be 930. Adjusting to this new job of mine as really really been hard. Why can't I just be a girl with a very high metabolism. I look at my hubby since hes been working out for the last 3 years he can eat whatever he wants and not gain. I think my weight will always be a challenge. K I am done venting.

GO SKINNY'S!!!!!
  • heofon
    heofon Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yeah on the link info...you don't need HTML tags. Just type the address and the forum automatically turns it into a link when you post.
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Hello! Thank you for the invite to be a part of the group! I love keeping motivated and this looks like a great way to stay in check!!

My name is Share and I am desperately trying to lose another 10lbs. I seem to be gaining a lot of muscle lately in my arms and back but my belly fat is ridiculously stubborn and not going anywhere!
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    Finished with the exercise challenge today :) No miles to add to my 2 for the team challenge yet... I've got to go get ready for another appointment. Hoping tomorrow isn't rainy so I can hit the bike trail and do those last 8 miles for my team. How is our team challenge coming? Just curious! :)

Hope everyones having a good day!
  • tagrady
    Options
    Guys,

Gary posted we can walk, run, bike, swim...you name it for the 100 miles :)

i've done 2 miles so far.

Tracy
  • calition
    calition Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Do wii miles count? I don't understand why I can run in place for 30 min straight without stopping but on the track or the road I can't seem to go for longer than 1/4 mile without having to walk to slow my heart rate down.
  • brihare
    brihare Posts: 7
    Options
    Got 7 miles done today! 4 at work on the treadmill then an extra 3 miles after I got home and finished my P90X video, I am so beat.

Going for 4 more tomorrow (probably not another 7, haha).
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    Got 7 miles done today! 4 at work on the treadmill then an extra 3 miles after I got home and finished my P90X video, I am so beat.

Going for 4 more tomorrow (probably not another 7, haha).

That is awesome! Team player :) I'm probably going to do a bunch tomorrow, going to take my dads bike out on the trail for awhile and then come home and do some turbo jam... Dang I just realized I. Going to have to get up early for this.

On another note water is done for the day! Exercises done and way under calories.. Might have a snack later but I'll be good and under calories still!
  • kiltbunny
    kiltbunny Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    2 miles done today and I'm a glass of water away from being done... still have to get to those swimmer's presses... I'm dreading it!! BEASTMODE ON!
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Okay, I have a question for Day 5. 100 Stair climbs... what if you have no stairs to climb? I live in FL where everything is pretty flat and on one level. :blushing:
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    did 4 of 7 miles already :) if u need me to do some more miles let me know :)
  • calition
    Options
    I got 5 wii miles done! I wore my heart rate monitor and I burned 377 calories at 30 min with an average heart rate of 132 bpm which is 72% of my maximum (183 bmp) so I think it's a valid work out.
  • calition
    Options
    how about a curb and just stepping up and down off it?
  • heofon
    heofon Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    So far for the week I have my two challenges done and 16 miles.
  • tagrady
    Options
    I just wanted to say how great you guys are doing. As of right now, we're TIED FOR 3RD PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with 226 points!