Walk to Mordor

Options

Replies

• fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Am I cheating? I round down to the nearest mile according to my Fitbit- so I am including some milling about and not just walking for exercise....we each make our own rules I suppose?

Anyway 32 to the trollshaws!
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    fostersu wrote: »
    Am I cheating? I round down to the nearest mile according to my Fitbit- so I am including some milling about and not just walking for exercise....we each make our own rules I suppose?

I enter the mileage from my tracker. Most of my steps come from intentional exercise anyhow. Besides, it’s a long trip :)

• Ringbearer2
    Options
    Eire228 wrote: »
    I love this app and this group of people!! Everyone is so upbeat and encouraging. :):)

3.3 miles on the treadmill tonight. 16.45 until the edge of Farmer Maggot's field.

Great walk!

• Faelwyn_the_Rising_Phoenix
    Options
    I love this app and this group of people!! Everyone is so upbeat and encouraging. :):)

3.3 miles on the treadmill tonight. 16.45 until the edge of Farmer Maggot's field.

Great job! :)

I include everything my Garmin says. I figure a step is a step.

2.61 Miles yesterday

31.23 Miles to 3 Days After Weathertop

• sjack44
    sjack44 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Midgewater Marshes West has been left behind, now 22.45km to Midgewater Marshes East.
    I also include everything from my Fitbit so I hope it's not cheating!
  • fostersu
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Thanks for hearing my confession;) and your encouragement

Onward!
  • Eire228
    Eire228 Posts: 238 Member
    Options

The only reason I don't include all of my daily steps is because it encourages me to run more. I just started training this week for a half marathon, and knowing that my training run will help me get that much closer to the end of this journey is a fun motivator for me. :)
    Options
    sjack44 wrote: »
    Midgewater Marshes West has been left behind, now 22.45km to Midgewater Marshes East.

Congratulations!! :)
    Good morning everyone! Thanks for hearing my confession;) and your encouragement

Onward!

Anytime. :)

The only reason I don't include all of my daily steps is because it encourages me to run more. I just started training this week for a half marathon, and knowing that my training run will help me get that much closer to the end of this journey is a fun motivator for me. :)

Good luck! *cheers Eire228 on* Go go go!
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    sjack44 wrote: »

Hope you packed your “Off”!
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    TEQWAR wrote: »
    I don't include my daily steps either. Since I started logging with mfp, I've also been logging all my exercise walks with MapMyFitness. Since I've been doing so, my exercise walks have been hitting 200 to 250 miles per month - I'm up to 164 in February (Januhairy's total was 223). I figure it's going to get me there soon enough.
    I've also recently taken up cycling in the past couple of weeks - I don't log those miles either (122 in February so far). Once I finish walking to Mordor, I think I might then restart and only map my cycle rides. Pedal to Mordor! Of course, now I've got a strange mental image of some kind of E.T./LOTR crossover where E.T. is replaced by Smeagol in the basket. :D

You’d better have a pretty robust off-road bike to make it across Emyn Muil. :)
  • Ringbearer2
    edited February 2018
    Options

2.61 Miles yesterday

Hey Faelwyn I have a Garmin also! Want to be friends on Connect?
  • Eire228
    Eire228 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    4 miles this morning. It's a beautiful day here in Connecticut! Lovely to get outside. :)

12.45 until the edge of Farmer Maggot's field. Should be there by next Saturday!
  • TEQWAR
    TEQWAR Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Another 7.31 miles today. With yesterday's and Thursday evening's, it puts me 14.36 miles from the Desolation of the Morannon
  • fostersu
    Options
    7 miles for me yesterday- steady on to the trollshaws!

Happy weekend- happy walking!
    (Or cycling as the case may be :))
  • TEQWAR
    edited February 2018
    Options

You'll soon be through the Trollshaws and meeting up with Bilbo's Trolls! Nice going!

Weekends, I do a bit of both - 12 miles cycled yesterday and 16 today. Really feeling it in the thighs and calves now though so I'll probably just have a walk tomorrow. Part of me wishes I included my cycling miles as I'd almost be done!

Faelwyn_the_Rising_Phoenix Posts: 372 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I don't include my daily steps either. Since I started logging with mfp, I've also been logging all my exercise walks with MapMyFitness. Since I've been doing so, my exercise walks have been hitting 200 to 250 miles per month - I'm up to 164 in February (Januhairy's total was 223). I figure it's going to get me there soon enough.
    I've also recently taken up cycling in the past couple of weeks - I don't log those miles either (122 in February so far). Once I finish walking to Mordor, I think I might then restart and only map my cycle rides. Pedal to Mordor! Of course, now I've got a strange mental image of some kind of E.T./LOTR crossover where E.T. is replaced by Smeagol in the basket. :D

Hahahaha that's a hilarious image! Smeagol in a basket.... lol :D:D:D

2.61 Miles yesterday

Hey Faelwyn I have a Garmin also! Want to be friends on Connect?

That'd be great! I go by Faelwyn on there as well. ;)
    4 miles this morning. It's a beautiful day here in Connecticut! Lovely to get outside. :)

12.45 until the edge of Farmer Maggot's field. Should be there by next Saturday!

It's sunny and 36F here in Wisconsin so I'm gonna be heading outside after I'm done with lunch. :)
    Another 7.31 miles today. With yesterday's and Thursday evening's, it puts me 14.36 miles from the Desolation of the Morannon

Fantastic job! :)

Fantastic! You all are really eating up the miles! :o

You'll soon be through the Trollshaws and meeting up with Bilbo's Trolls! Nice going!

Weekends, I do a bit of both - 12 miles cycled yesterday and 16 today. Really feeling it in the thighs and calves now though so I'll probably just have a walk tomorrow. Part of me wishes I included my cycling miles as I'd almost be done!

Look at you go! Awesome!

I'll just add this insignificant bit right here. Yesterday was a really rough day; I almost passed out sitting. lol

0.37 Miles yesterday

30.86 Miles to 3 Days After Weathertop
  • Jokeen16
    Jokeen16 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    2.16 miles today

33.54 to Trollshaws
  • TEQWAR
    Options
    I'll just add this insignificant bit right here. Yesterday was a really rough day; I almost passed out sitting. lol

0.37 Miles yesterday

Every bit is a gain! Hope things are better for you today.
    Options

0.37 Miles yesterday

Every bit is a gain! Hope things are better for you today.

Today is going better, thank you. :)