Here I am... Again...

Options
Morglem
Morglem Posts: 377 Member
edited February 2018 in Introduce Yourself
I joined MFP in 2011 weighing 165 lbs. That was that highest weigh I had been without being pregnant. I lost 27 lbs in about 3 mo by eating healthy and exercising. I was feeling great and soo close to my goal, but... life happened and the weight have been creeping up and up through the years. I have started and quit a health eating/exercise program what feels like a least 100 times. Have been up and down 15 pounds at least 99 times haha. two weeks ago I weigh in at 174lbs. That is only 4lb less than when I was at my full pregnancy weight with my 2nd baby who was born at 9.1lbs! That is just sad. I have been feeling really down on myself. Why can't I do this? I did it before! I should be able to!!! So last week I had enough of myself and my self pity and excuses. I went out to sign up my son for vacation camp and drove by the gym that I have been meaning to join for years (mind you its about 10 min from my house). I stopped and signed up and got myself a Personal Trainer 2x a week for 30 min for 3 months. So might time 101 be a charm! May I lose all the weight I want to lose and this time keep it off for good! Good luck to everyone in this journey and may motivation and success never be scarce for us!

By the way I'm 44 yo, 5'5" and 170 lbs

SW: 174
CW: 170
GW: 125-135??? not sure

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I think most of us in here have had to lose and gain a few times before we found a set of habits we can stick to for life. Welcome back :)
  • Morglem
    Options
    Thank you! I'm excited to be back :smile:
  • Nhoff70
    Nhoff70 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I sent a friend request, I’m 47, 5’5 and hoping to lose about 30lbs too.

SW: 176
    CW: 164
    GW: 135

We all can use a little help on our journeys, welcome back!
  • Morglem
    Options
    Nhoff70 wrote: »
    I sent a friend request, I’m 47, 5’5 and hoping to lose about 30lbs too.

SW: 176
    CW: 164
    GW: 135

We all can use a little help on our journeys, welcome back!

Hello new friend! Lets do this!
  • camillekg88
    camillekg88 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat 5'5 and 170-173 with a goal of 130. Add me as a friend if you want to!
  • Morglem
    Options
    Im in the same boat 5'5 and 170-173 with a goal of 130. Add me as a friend if you want to!

Hi! Sent you a friend request :)
  • meleileen
    meleileen Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of weight in 2012 and slowly gained it back. I was a size 4 now I’m a 16/18. I’m heavier than when I had my son....I gained 70 lbs. I had more excuses as to why I gained weight....depression, love food, don’t care etc. I eat junk food then feel bad. I cry because my clothes don’t fit and I feel ugly. Well, I’m back and plan on eating healthy. I’m going to be an RN so I’d like to set a good example for my future patients. Feel free to add me!
  • puzzlehead5
    puzzlehead5 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!!!
  • Morglem
    Options
    meleileen wrote: »
    I lost a lot of weight in 2012 and slowly gained it back. I was a size 4 now I’m a 16/18. I’m heavier than when I had my son....I gained 70 lbs. I had more excuses as to why I gained weight....depression, love food, don’t care etc. I eat junk food then feel bad. I cry because my clothes don’t fit and I feel ugly. Well, I’m back and plan on eating healthy. I’m going to be an RN so I’d like to set a good example for my future patients. Feel free to add me!

Sent you a message :)
  • Morglem
    Options
    Welcome back!!!!

Thank you!