Yup! Home alone today.

Options
DisneyVeganLove
DisneyVeganLove Posts: 112 Member
Just looking for some light conversation. Open to anything to discuss.

Replies

• DisneyVeganLove
    Options
    LOL! Yes! Out the door!
  • DisneyVeganLove
    Options
    Funny
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    My dh brought home a little cactus with fake/dried flowers glued to it. He didn't know they were fake. How do you feel about the practice of gluing fake blooms onto a real plant?
  • DisneyVeganLove
    Options
    My husband would have done the same thing. That's ok, all men act 12.
  • sportychic87
    sportychic87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Party it up. That’s what I do when I’m home alone (with pup). Put on music or a good movie, make a really good meal, share meal with pup. I love having the house to myself, best thing ever!!!
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    My dh brought home a little cactus with fake/dried flowers glued to it. He didn't know they were fake. How do you feel about the practice of gluing fake blooms onto a real plant?

I have a very strong negative stance on this subject! Subjecting those poor catcti to decorations they have no say in! They should be loved for who they are in their original state! I’m starting a petition
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I bought my first pint of halo top. Decided it was time to give it a try after seeing all the raves about it here. But I am a little scared to try it, what if its a big let down? I might have built it up so big in my head that no ice cream could ever possibly achieve such greatness.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I bought my first pint of halo top. Decided it was time to give it a try after seeing all the raves about it here. But I am a little scared to try it, what if its a big let down? I might have built it up so big in my head that no ice cream could ever possibly achieve such greatness.

Most Halo Top(s) that I've tried have been a let down.
    Signed,
    The bearer of bad news.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »

Most Halo Top(s) that I've tried have been a let down.
    Signed,
    The bearer of bad news.

Ugh, noooooooo
  • Lounmoun
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    Lounmoun wrote: »

I have a very strong negative stance on this subject! Subjecting those poor catcti to decorations they have no say in! They should be loved for who they are in their original state! I’m starting a petition

It is an interesting comment that we can not even appreciate the natural state of a plant... or at least someone thinks that. Apparently removing the dried flowers that have been hot glued on is likely to damage the plant as well.
    http://cactiguide.com/article/?article=article14.php

It is someone's job to hot glue things onto cacti. I wonder about weird jobs like that.
    I wonder if people who work in a glitter factory are sparkly.
  • Lounmoun
    Options

I tried the chocolate halo top. It was okay. It was pretty much like a sugar free fudgesicle but more expensive.

My dh and I were talking about shopping at IKEA. We have never been to one. He tells me he has heard it kills relationships. I bring up that there are supposed to be good meatballs. We may never risk going to an IKEA store.
  • DisneyVeganLove
    Options
    I know I am sparkly and I don't even work in a glitter factory. The whole cacti thing is interesting. I think I've been fooled by these before. Poor cacti just leave them be.
  • DisneyVeganLove
    Options
    Party it up. That’s what I do when I’m home alone (with pup). Put on music or a good movie, make a really good meal, share meal with pup. I love having the house to myself, best thing ever!!!

1q2krlg11paa.jpg

Lady is too pooped to party.
  • dusting8573
    dusting8573 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bored at work. A interesting discussion would help pass time for sure lol...
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Options
    Update: birthday cake halo top isnt bad, and I can see the appeal in the 280 cals/pint, especially after a breakup. Ultimately though, if I was really craving some good ice cream I don't think they would scratch that itch.