Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) March

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Every month, the UAC, invites new and renewing team mates!
Our goal is to encourage thoughtful habits: eating within your calorie limits; daily exercise to raise your metabolism; and tracking all caloric intake from food and beverage.
We have a great fun encouraging team! Check us out athttp://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/125735-ultimate-accountability-challenge-march-2018
See you there, RangerRickL

Replies

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Although I run a different challenge, UAC is still my favourite.

By participating in UAC, I lost 25kg (50lbs) in 5 months, gone into full maintenance and kept the weight off for a further 5 months (even over Christmas and holidays). I intend to be part of UAC for a long time.
    • UAC does not have weigh ins.
    • UAC does not not mandate exercise you cannot or do not want to do.
    • UAC is not competing against others.

What UAC is:
    • UAC is a fantastic community with daily discussion.
    • UAC builds healthy maintainable habits to manage your weight and your health.

Successful, long term, weight loss / weight management REQUIRES lifestyle adaption. Not diets. That is the core of UAC.

If you are looking for the BEST challenge on MFP. *** THIS IS IT ***

If you are SERIOUS about losing weight and intend to KEEP IT OFF, **FOREVER**. Then UAC is the challenge for you.

If you are looking to lose weight and look your best for Summer, now is the time to start. UAC is the best way I can recommend to a better healthier, slimmer you, for Summer and beyond.
  • APO_Katie
    APO_Katie Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm in for March. I had an amazing January with a fitness/food challenge at my Box, but completely fell off the wagon in February. I really need the accountability.
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    I started with the UAC about 3 years ago. My goal is to have team mates with whom to relate and to help me stay accountable. The UAC works for me and I have seen how it helps others. That includes not only those who want to lose weight but also those who are on a maintenance regime.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    The UAC is one of those groups you can share as much or as little as you want. I went for a good year just saying yes x 3. Then I started opening up and now they hear about the weather silly things at work. It's like a second family.
  • 135terry
    135terry Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join for March. Really need help getting back on track.
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    APO_Katie wrote: »
    I'm in for March. I had an amazing January with a fitness/food challenge at my Box, but completely fell off the wagon in February. I really need the accountability.

You will enjoy our community and the accountability, welcome!
  • LoraineGB
    Options
    135terry wrote: »
    I'd like to join for March. Really need help getting back on track.

This is the group for you, welcome!
  • LoraineGB
    Options
    I have been doing UAC since the back end of last year. It took me about 4 months to reach the winners circle and then I dipped in for January and am out for February. However, that doesn’t mean you are ‘out’ and have to stop taking part and reporting in, you are still part of the community and encouraged to check in daily. It keeps you focused.

I love how you are accountable for your own performance, @craigo3154 says we need a lifestyle adaption and this challenge helps with that. Like @2020pinktogo I started off reporting only 3xYes, now I enjoy learning about others and what they’re up to and give a little, usually useless information, update on my day. You will hear how much I love my Wetlands!

As @RangerRickL said in his post, we have people who are trying to lose and those who are maintaining. We are a big, mixed, beautiful bunch, come join us!
  • craigo3154
    Options
    February is almost over. Time to make a commitment to yourself for March do something each day to make a better you for summer (and beyond).

I'm part of UAC again for March. Can you keep consistent for a month?
  • Carrie210
    Carrie210 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    How does one join for March?
  • craigo3154
    Options
    Carrie210 wrote: »
    How does one join for March?

@Carrie210. To join:
    We would love to have you along.

Reporting daily helps get you out and do something daily. I've had a few times that I've needed the extra push of not wanting to report I've done nothing. This has "encouraged" me to get out and at keep at least a moderate level of activity daily.

The UAC is a great group and very supportive (and very knowledgeable). It's a great group to be part of.
  • LoraineGB
    Options
    There has been many times I have got up and done some exercise because of this group!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    The group is truly a positive influence. It's full of people from all age groups and they are inspiring.
  • loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Love the UAC! I was a part of it for several months last summer then took a break and have been back this year. Life is better and health goals are easier with such a supportive group of people! I love checking in and hearing about everyone’s days (plus lots of great hiking photos and cute dogs) No matter your fitness level or point in your journey, this group is for you!
  • craigo3154
    Options
    March 1 today. Good time to start if not already involved.

Do something for yourself that will last.