Looking for friends for inspiration

Hi everyone. I just started using this site again. I was planning on having Gastric Bypass Surgery a few years ago and went through all the pre-surgery classes and tests. I ended up not being able to have the surgery for financial reasons. However, I recently started trying to lose weight using the nutritional guidelines I learned in the pre-surgery nutritional classes. I would love to connect with others who have had a weight-loss surgery or anyone else following Keto diet plans, Atkin's, any other high protein diets or intermittent fasting. (or anyone else that just wants more friends) Thanks, Kim

Replies

• jaime8955
    jaime8955 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Kim,

I started the Keto diet about 45 days ago and I am down 18 lbs. I purchased a book called “ the Keto diet “ by Leanne Vogel. I read it and really got an understanding of going Keto before I started my diet. She also has a you tube channel which is helpful when you looking for quick answers. It will be a bit challenging for sure at the start once you get past day 10 without carbs you really start to fell great. It is really worth it. Once your about a week in you don’t feel as hungry as you used to. Pinterest is great for recipes as well. Read up fat bomb recipes they will really help when you start to crave sugar.

Hope this helps, good luck
  • 39andfat
    39andfat Posts: 144 Member
    Add me if you like. :)
  • clip1957
    clip1957 Posts: 4 Member
    jaime8955 wrote: »
    Hi Kim,

I started the Keto diet about 45 days ago and I am down 18 lbs. I purchased a book called “ the Keto diet “ by Leanne Vogel. I read it and really got an understanding of going Keto before I started my diet. She also has a you tube channel which is helpful when you looking for quick answers. It will be a bit challenging for sure at the start once you get past day 10 without carbs you really start to fell great. It is really worth it. Once your about a week in you don’t feel as hungry as you used to. Pinterest is great for recipes as well. Read up fat bomb recipes they will really help when you start to crave sugar.

I've been on the Keto diet 2 weeks and although my blood sugar has dropped dramatically, I haven't lost weight. I'm recording every bite I eat in my food diary and I'm sometimes a little higher on my protein, a little short on fat and right on the mark with carbs. I'm looking for 20g net carbs. You are doing so great on weight loss. Should I reduce my carbs even more? I welcome input from everyone.
    Thanks, Cindy
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,027 Member
    clip1957 wrote: »
    jaime8955 wrote: »
    Hi Kim,

I've been on the Keto diet 2 weeks and although my blood sugar has dropped dramatically, I haven't lost weight. I'm recording every bite I eat in my food diary and I'm sometimes a little higher on my protein, a little short on fat and right on the mark with carbs. I'm looking for 20g net carbs. You are doing so great on weight loss. Should I reduce my carbs even more? I welcome input from everyone.
    Thanks, Cindy

Are you noting your calorie intake? Weighing everything? If you're not losing you're not in a deficit, keto while great for some doesn't magically put you in a deficit. You still need to track your calories.
  • hyperinchrist
    hyperinchrist Posts: 27 Member
    I’m on Leanne Vogel since November 2017 I’ve lost 17.6 lbs with much trepidation. I did not lose for 50 days and now I think I’m on tract.
    I would love to be friends to help each other change our life style
  • megbelievesshecan
    megbelievesshecan Posts: 21 Member
    I'm just following a regular diet of high protein, low carb. Welcome back!
  • hyperinchrist
    hyperinchrist Posts: 27 Member
    @meganbelievesshecan I’m following high fat, low carb, moderate protein. It’s amazing how we individually need different ratios to lose. I’m glad I’m losing, even slow. Everyone can see it more than scales show it whoot whoot
  • agrube1968
    agrube1968 Posts: 132 Member
    nomorefat4 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I just started using this site again. I was planning on having Gastric Bypass Surgery a few years ago and went through all the pre-surgery classes and tests. I ended up not being able to have the surgery for financial reasons. However, I recently started trying to lose weight using the nutritional guidelines I learned in the pre-surgery nutritional classes. I would love to connect with others who have had a weight-loss surgery or anyone else following Keto diet plans, Atkin's, any other high protein diets or intermittent fasting. (or anyone else that just wants more friends) Thanks, Kim
    nomorefat4 wrote: »
    @meganbelievesshecan I’m following high fat, low carb, moderate protein. It’s amazing how we individually need different ratios to lose. I’m glad I’m losing, even slow. Everyone can see it more than scales show it whoot whoot

Feel free to add me. I have doong low carb since f eb 20 and have lost 16.7 lbs so far.