Only lost 1/4 of a pound :(

Options
Feel totally demotivated and bloody angry :( I Currently have 12 pounds to lose and without really thinking about it I've lost 4lbs since Christmas. Anyway started off tracking everything last week, totally committed, exercising, eating less but healthy and I've only lost a quarter of a pound. I was expecting more. I've set my calories at 1450. I have a sedentary job, I do exercise at high intensity and do bodypump classes also. I've not changed they way I exercise as I have always exercised.
I'm 5ft 2, currently 124lbs looking to get to 112. Is 1450 calories too high?

Replies

• lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad. I loss only 1/2 pound and walked 20,000 steps yesterday and stuck to my calorie deficit. At least we lost something. I am happy about it, as long as the scale goes down.
  • SteamPug
    SteamPug Posts: 262 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Heh, I’m the same weight as you with the same goal, though I’m 5’4.
    I eat at 1,200 during the week and 1,400-1,600 during the weekends and I’m still losing ridiculously slow. It’s just an inevitability, really. I’m getting pretty bored of it to be honest, but I’ve just started a new lifting program so I’m focusing my energy into that and forgetting about the weightloss for awhile. I’m sure we’ll both meet our goals, but I’ve decided to stop stressing about it in the meantime.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    You are at a healthy weight as it is so 0.5lb/week is a perfect amount to lose and you were just a smidgen off that.
    And no, 1450 does not sound too much, I'm same height and I lose eating 1750-1800 being lightly active.
    You're doing fine so take heart :smile:
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Reading the OP I found that she was doing Bodypump classes (Please note the use of plural!) and "Exercises at High Intensity" (Yet another plural). I assumed that this would pass as "Muscle stimulation" for just about anyone, obviously I was wrong.

It doesn’t matter how much you stimulate a muscle, you still need material to build it out of. You don’t seem to understand basic conservation of mass. If you are in a calorie deficit then building muscle will not prevent you losing weight; how do you even think that would work?
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I think about a quarter of a pound and picture a 4 ounce glass of water and wonder why the obsession with that level of accuracy. OP: keep up what you are doing, but relax a little. You can't hurry this weight loss process, that will only keep feeding your frustration when you don't see the results you expect.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    It's been a week, just keep going and see where your at in a few more weeks
    I lost 200g this week and I weigh a lot more than you (same height) but I know I'm heading towards that time of the month so my work will show after my cycle